13:59:50 <emmapeel> #startmeeting community team meeting
13:59:50 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov 29 13:59:50 2021 UTC.  The chair is emmapeel. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:59:50 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:59:56 <championquizzer> hello all! o/
14:00:00 <emmapeel> hello mikomiko welcome to the meeting
14:00:24 <emmapeel> i will host the meeting today, as ggus is busy doing tor trainings
14:00:33 <mikomiko> hi championquizzer!
14:00:40 <emmapeel> please bear with me and help me not to forget important things
14:00:42 <championquizzer> hello mikomiko!!
14:00:46 <nah> o/
14:01:03 <emmapeel> this is our pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2021-keep
14:02:30 <gaba> o/
14:03:11 <emmapeel> ok, if you want you can add your updtes to the pad and we will start here shortly
14:03:16 <emmapeel> we have some topics on the agenda as well
14:04:39 <emmapeel> shall we start?
14:04:57 <championquizzer> yes!
14:05:14 <emmapeel> We have an interesting job opening! Please check it out if you like to talk about Tor https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs/education-communities-coordinator/
14:05:55 <championquizzer> woo! and please keep sharing it in your networks :)
14:06:11 <emmapeel> yes, please share to people that may be interested
14:06:41 <mikomiko> yess
14:07:03 <emmapeel> another call to share: we need volunteers for the Tor Metrics Timeline: https://forum.torproject.net/t/looking-for-volunteers-to-contribute-to-the-tor-metrics-timeline/856
14:09:56 <mikomiko> data analysts and ML engineers will be well suited for volunteering for this, correct?
14:11:11 <emmapeel> this is the timeline that appears on the metrics website, as for example at https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-bridge-country.html?start=2019-08-31&end=2021-11-29&country=mm
14:11:54 <emmapeel> mikomiko: yes, but also normal people that reads the news can contribute. the idea is to gather information on events that could be related to Tor usage
14:12:20 <mikomiko> thanks emma i will spread the word!
14:13:13 <emmapeel> mikomiko: more information at https://blog.torproject.org/contribute-to-tor-metrics-timeline/
14:13:49 <emmapeel> ok then, do we have any more topics?
14:14:34 <championquizzer> updates from the 'Run a Bridge' Campaign!!
14:14:50 <emmapeel> great, championquizzer, tell us
14:14:55 <championquizzer> we are way past the goal of 200. wohooo!
14:15:02 <emmapeel> nice!
14:15:12 <championquizzer> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/type:bridge%20running:true%20first_seen_days:0-11
14:15:38 <emmapeel> 309!
14:15:49 <championquizzer> and ggus and myself are reviewing all the entries now (as you can see on our to-do lists for the week)
14:16:14 <emmapeel> how do you review them?
14:17:12 <mikomiko> woohoo! congratulations! :_D
14:17:15 <championquizzer> we are reviewing with bridgestrap
14:17:48 <championquizzer> we started doing manually but ggus figured out a more automated way of doing this
14:18:32 <mikomiko> o/
14:19:04 <emmapeel> great. mikomiko would you like to talk about something?
14:19:22 <championquizzer> although we were earlier discussing how we can improve the whole review process
14:19:23 <emmapeel> championquizzer: are you finished?
14:19:34 <championquizzer> the bridges campaign has generated quite a lot of traffic on our frontdesk! ;)
14:19:42 <emmapeel> oops
14:19:57 <mikomiko> i have nothing atm haha do lmk if i can help with anything tho!
14:19:58 <emmapeel> from bridge operators?
14:20:08 <championquizzer> emmapeel: yes, that's all from me about the campaign
14:21:16 <emmapeel> cool, thanks! any other topics to discuss? how are you enjoying the forum?
14:22:51 <championquizzer> almost a month after full launch!
14:23:09 <championquizzer> i am quite happy with the forum
14:24:38 <emmapeel> me too, lots of interesting discussions come up there
14:25:57 <emmapeel> sorry, got distracted with one of them :D
14:26:03 <championquizzer> ha!
14:26:06 <emmapeel> ok people do we have more topics?
14:26:47 <championquizzer> i'm good, thanks
14:27:47 <emmapeel> maybe we can close early today
14:29:35 <championquizzer> ok, quickly couple of things
14:29:52 <emmapeel> go ahead championquizzer
14:30:09 <championquizzer> emmapeel: can you us more about the new translation staging process? or is something I should ask in the next meeting? :)
14:30:55 <emmapeel> well, the translation staging is currently not working. next week alvamind will be back and implement a solution we talked about on a meeting last week tho
14:31:14 <championquizzer> i see
14:31:43 <championquizzer> sounds good
14:31:57 <emmapeel> but it is going to be awesome, with one preview per language to shorten the build times and also other changes
14:32:20 <championquizzer> nice!!
14:33:11 <emmapeel> lavamind had lots of ideas about how to use gitlabCI properties for the builds
14:35:11 <emmapeel> any other topics championquizzer ?
14:35:46 <championquizzer> from our discussion in last week's meeting, i filed this: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/team/-/issues/19
14:36:11 <emmapeel> oh, great
14:36:22 <championquizzer> please help updating the docs! :)
14:36:55 <championquizzer> (and review the ticket)
14:37:00 <emmapeel> yes, we need to update them. i need to open the ticket about changing the 'edit this page' link
14:37:15 <championquizzer> ah, right!
14:38:22 <championquizzer> emmapeel: it will point to gitlab.tpo from now on i believe? instead of github
14:38:45 <emmapeel> yes
14:39:05 <emmapeel> now that branches are protected there, we need to push to gitlab anyway if we want to merge
14:39:10 * championquizzer nods
14:39:30 <emmapeel> and it is easier now to get an account on our gitlab, which was not so when we instaurated the buton
14:41:43 <emmapeel> any other topics championquizzer ?
14:42:14 <championquizzer> not from me, thanks
14:44:15 <emmapeel> ok, then lets wrap up. thanks for coming everybody!
14:44:21 <championquizzer> thanks all, thanks emmapeel for conducting; have a great week! o/
14:44:28 <emmapeel> please spread our calls around
14:44:46 <mikomiko> thanks emma! have a great week everyone!
14:44:48 <emmapeel> * We're hiring: https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs/education-communities-coordinator/
14:44:51 <emmapeel> * Looking for volunteers:
14:44:53 <emmapeel> https://forum.torproject.net/t/looking-for-volunteers-to-contribute-to-the-tor-metrics-timeline/856
14:45:07 <emmapeel> #endmeeting