15:59:24 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 01/10/2022
15:59:24 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jan 10 15:59:24 2022 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:24 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:30 <GeKo> okay
15:59:59 <GeKo> welcome to the first network-health meeting in 2022
16:00:07 <hiro> o/
16:00:17 <GeKo> our pad is still in 2021, which is okay :)
16:00:19 <GeKo> http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep
16:01:00 <GeKo> please add your items there
16:01:15 <gaba> we can change it later to a timeless pad
16:01:26 <GeKo> timeless efforts, yeah :)
16:02:02 <GeKo> ggus: ^
16:02:15 <GeKo> in case you are around and there is something to sync from your side
16:02:59 <GeKo> so, from my side: i am still mostly on tor browser work this month
16:03:14 <GeKo> but that should be done by the end of january and i can finally come back to network health land
16:03:39 <GeKo> i'll do all the important thins, though, like regular meetings/1:1s/roadmap work
16:03:50 <GeKo> or help with sponsor work where needed
16:04:00 <GeKo> *things
16:05:23 <GeKo> hiro: i am doing the reviews on my plate this week in case there is still stuff to do
16:05:25 <ggus> hey
16:05:47 <hiro> yes GeKo hold on on that review in collector I am able to do a few test
16:06:14 <hiro> I will update the ticket with the actual sleeps times that allow us not to have missing descriptors and the theories behind those missing descriptors too
16:06:18 <GeKo> i think we can talk about website!13 in our 1:1. right now there might only be confusion left while the techical parts are done
16:06:27 <GeKo> :)
16:06:31 <GeKo> ack
16:06:40 <hiro> yes sounds good!
16:06:51 <hiro> better to chat about that in the 1-1
16:07:14 <GeKo> i think that's all from my side
16:07:20 <hiro> same for me
16:08:26 <GeKo> ggus: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/issues/131#note_2768717 is for you :)
16:08:38 <GeKo> but otherwise, as i said there is not much going on
16:09:22 <GeKo> 0.3.5.x gets EOL in 3 weeks
16:09:47 <GeKo> and there is probably not much need to wait after that until we start to bug operators about upgrading
16:10:15 <GeKo> given that there is both a newer lts version available and a newer "regular" stable, too
16:10:45 <GeKo> but i want to chat with network team folks here first about what to do and what the general policy should be
16:11:52 <ggus> GeKo: you can close #131
16:11:56 <GeKo> but, regardless, dealing with that eol version wilj be something that is coming soon-ish either way
16:12:00 <GeKo> great, thanks
16:13:02 <GeKo> done
16:13:21 <GeKo> ggus: gaba: anything else from your side?
16:14:01 <ggus> GeKo: yes
16:14:19 <GeKo> go ahead
16:14:28 <ggus> i'm hitting this bug: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/metrics/onionoo/-/issues/40018
16:14:37 <ggus> when counting how many new bridges we have
16:15:08 <ggus> for example, who joined the network because of/after the 'run a bridge' campaign
16:15:27 <hiro> uhm that's a bug that I am not sure where it comes from... how many bridges do we have like that?
16:15:43 <hiro> I have actully had a first look at the ticket when I opened it
16:15:56 <hiro> I think I will have to do some test in onionoo
16:16:07 <hiro> by parsing the descriptors
16:16:52 <hiro> it might be just an old bug in the code that we found out about now
16:16:58 <hiro> or it might be something else
16:17:21 <ggus> hiro7[m]: i will check again today
16:17:43 <hiro> I will try to parse a few descriptors
16:17:48 <hiro> will put that up for this week
16:19:08 <ggus> hiro7[m]: i will check today again and i will ping you
16:19:24 <hiro> gus[m]: no worries I can also find out the actual numbers
16:19:35 <hiro> I thought you had it handy
16:20:09 <hiro> added it to my list: https://gitlab.torproject.org/-/snippets/121
16:20:16 <GeKo> thanks
16:21:23 <ggus> thanks hiro7[m]!
16:21:49 <GeKo> okay, i guess we are done here then?
16:22:16 <GeKo> thanks everyone and have a nice week
16:22:18 <GeKo> #endmeeting