16:59:28 <ahf> #startmeeting Network team meeting, 7 February 2022
16:59:28 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Feb  7 16:59:28 2022 UTC.  The chair is ahf. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:28 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:59:33 <ahf> yo yo
16:59:45 <ahf> the pad is at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2022.1-keep
16:59:55 <nickm> hello~!
17:00:09 <dgoulet> o/
17:00:09 <ahf> eta, nickm, dgoulet, mikeperry, jnewsome, GeKo, juga: *poke*
17:00:12 <ahf> o/
17:00:24 <jnewsome> o/
17:00:34 <mikeperry> oof, *poke*'d
17:00:42 <ahf> it's like the olden days of facebook
17:00:46 <ahf> with the poke button
17:01:37 <ahf> how are folks doing with your boards?
17:01:37 <jnewsome> or super poke for when you really mean business
17:01:52 <ahf> lol, i don't really mean business with these meetings :'(
17:01:52 <nickm> doing ok over here
17:02:26 <ahf> dgoulet and i moved onionmasq over to tpo/core and i am gonna add tickets there for s101. mostly to be assigned to david and i for now, but later we will probably also need to create some stuff in tpo/core/arti
17:03:19 <ahf> don't see anything off in the boards
17:03:20 <ahf> nice
17:04:11 <ahf> dgoulet: anything to say on releases?
17:05:11 <dgoulet> we got out 045 and 046 releases on Friday! And finally went nicely and smooth with the CI pipeline :)
17:05:18 <ahf> very nice
17:05:25 <dgoulet> that is about it on that front, they were quite minor, fixing a problem we had in the previous one
17:05:44 <ahf> ya
17:05:46 <ahf> very good
17:05:49 <dgoulet> and also 035 is EOL :)
17:05:51 <dgoulet> \o/
17:05:55 <mikeperry> \o/
17:06:02 <ahf> finally
17:06:11 <ahf> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases since it's the 1st of the month we take a look at this
17:06:15 <dgoulet> next LTS dies around Feb 2023
17:06:30 <dgoulet> yeah need to edit that ^
17:06:31 <ahf> so the CC work is in queue now review, which is very nice, i guess once it lands we roll an alpha
17:06:33 <dgoulet> (on my todo)
17:06:40 <dgoulet> correct
17:06:50 <ahf> awesome, do we think middle of march is realistic for stable once it lands?
17:06:53 <dgoulet> so 047 next BIG alpha is around the corner
17:07:03 <ahf> ya
17:07:28 <dgoulet> might be a bit more considering stabilization... but might also be enough, not sure I would make my predictions just yet on that lol
17:07:52 <mikeperry> yeah, I think it depends on shadow sims going well, ultimately
17:07:53 <dgoulet> but that CC code has been massively tested so far... so very plausible we have a short stabilization process
17:08:12 <eta> boards okay here btw
17:08:17 <eta> (bit late to the party, sorry :p)
17:08:27 <ahf> eta: XD very nice!
17:08:34 <ahf> dgoulet, mikeperry: excellent
17:08:50 <ahf> let's leave the march date for now and look at it when this code has landed and the alpha goes out
17:09:37 <ahf> it looks like we are in good state with backport tickets on tor.git. 3 left in the queue and they all are things that can bake a bit more it seems
17:10:08 <dgoulet> yeah we got tor.git into a nice shape imo on that front
17:10:21 <ahf> yes, it is very nice that the queues there have gotten to a bit of a limit
17:11:22 <ahf> ok, let's look at team tickets
17:11:58 <ahf> we have core/team#20 which i think we need to look at again once we are past the CC landing process, roadmap, AND the arti funding meetings that are also ongoing right now
17:12:26 <ahf> i don't think it's super urgent to get written down with the other 3 things being part of some processes we are in right now
17:12:56 <ahf> core/team#17 is stale i believe
17:13:46 <ahf> core/team#19 is stale and on my shoulders. i wanted to hear one of the web volunteers if they were up for diving into it, but haven't gotten around to poke them again here in 2022
17:14:09 <ahf> and the triaging of tickets happens weekly'ish as part of the syncs i have with gaba
17:14:48 <ahf> if people want to add anything to these, please do so. i only consider the arti website one to be somewhat urgent of these right now, and it's still less urgent than many other things we have right now
17:15:48 <ahf> ok, i shall continue the monologue
17:16:03 <ahf> the only new ticket from other team's is the retirement ticket on 0.3.5.x from gk
17:16:28 <ahf> i think that is towards the dirauth's here?
17:16:36 <ahf> it's core/tor#40559
17:16:48 <GeKo> yep
17:17:22 <ahf> ok!
17:17:58 <ahf> i have one reminder: i am gonna do the community forum post reporting on last weeks of december + all of january as one report this week, so please add *anything* you did that was cool under "January" on the pad
17:18:05 <ahf> and then it'll be included
17:18:09 <ahf> please do it this week
17:18:24 <ahf> we have no discussion items or other announcements i believe
17:18:47 <ahf> anybody who have something we need to chat about ?
17:19:04 * dgoulet is good
17:19:54 <ahf> everybody else have their editors shadowing their irc client right now :-P
17:20:12 <dgoulet> syntax highlight is so beautiful
17:20:17 * nickm ok :)
17:20:17 <ahf> ya
17:20:17 <mikeperry> gitlab windows, but yes
17:20:21 <ahf> XD
17:20:25 <ahf> thanks for the honesty mikeperry hahaha
17:20:34 <ahf> "yeah, i was looking at new monday cat memes"
17:20:45 <ahf> ok, let's call it. everybody have many meetings today
17:20:54 <ahf> talk to you all on irc or at our sync on thursday o/
17:20:56 <nickm> :)
17:20:59 <jnewsome> :)
17:21:01 <jnewsome> o/
17:21:02 <ahf> #endmeeting