13:59:25 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team meeting - March 14 2022
13:59:25 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar 14 13:59:25 2022 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:59:25 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:59:32 <championquizzer> hello o/
13:59:40 <ggus> hi, community team meeting is starting now
13:59:43 <nina13[m]> Hi!
13:59:45 <ggus> welcome everyone! o/
13:59:53 <emmapeel> o/
14:00:04 <rhatto> o/
14:00:05 <ggus> here's our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2022-keep
14:00:11 <ggus> please add your updates :)
14:01:28 <nah> o/
14:05:02 <nina13[m]> done!
14:05:13 <emmapeel> ^
14:05:31 <raya[m]> done!
14:05:41 * gman999 here lurking
14:06:44 <ggus> alright, let's start.
14:07:18 <ggus> last week i was afk, and emmapeel facilitated the meeting. thanks for doing that, emma!
14:07:39 <ggus> i see that a lot of things happened on sponsor123 land
14:07:46 <emmapeel> everybody helped, it was easy!
14:08:00 <raya[m]> sponsor 123 is an adventure :)
14:08:34 <rhatto> exactly!
14:09:18 <ggus> and there is a twitter onion service... wooo!
14:09:29 <ggus> fantastic.
14:09:32 <raya[m]> yes! that's amazing news
14:09:39 <ggus> raya[m]: for s123 training materials, we should meet this week as i'm working with sajolida to do the tails training material.
14:09:58 <ggus> for s30
14:10:24 <raya[m]> ah perfect! I requested from Geb to share their training materials as well and they were very generous with the information
14:10:29 <raya[m]> I'm very ready to meet
14:11:29 <ggus> cool! i'll share with you the training material that sajolida will use in mexico
14:11:37 <raya[m]> awesome!
14:12:40 <ggus> * Tor training cycle in mexico and brazil: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/training/-/issues/25
14:12:57 <ggus> this week we're kicking off the trainings in mexico and brazil
14:13:10 <nah> \o/
14:13:13 <emmapeel> yay!
14:13:15 <ggus> the first workshop will be about Orbot
14:13:21 <raya[m]> woohoo!
14:13:24 <ggus> and The Guardian Project is leading it
14:13:43 <ggus> rhatto, nah and i will do the workshop in brazil
14:13:51 <championquizzer> v nice!
14:13:55 <ggus> TGP team will do in mexico
14:14:47 <ggus> in brazil we're doing 2 sessions: one tomorrow (w/ 33 confirmed) and another on saturday (w/ 42 confirmed)
14:15:07 <emmapeel> have fun!
14:15:19 <raya[m]> that's very cool!
14:15:42 <ggus> the workshops will be in portuguese and spanish, let me know if you want to participate and i will share with you the room link
14:15:57 <raya[m]> is it going to be a training for journalists/HRDs or a general training?
14:16:16 <raya[m]> I'd definitely be interested to participate
14:16:37 <ggus> a training for HRDs/activists/feminists/journalists
14:16:50 <raya[m]> super :)
14:17:38 <ggus> the training tomorrow is 22 UTC. and on saturday is 1400 UTC
14:18:38 <ggus> nah: did you have time to check fabby's email about the orbot survey?
14:19:04 <nah> not yet, going to do it just after this meeting
14:19:19 <ggus> kk!
14:20:15 <ggus> today the TGP sent the orbot slides and i will be working on it
14:20:43 <ggus> i will send to you, raya[m] and nah
14:20:57 <nah> tyvm, ggus
14:21:04 <raya[m]> looking forward to it
14:21:11 <rhatto> ggus, can i have a look at it too? :)
14:21:25 <ggus> sure, i will share w you
14:21:39 <rhatto> tnx!
14:22:44 <ggus> next week we will have Tor Browser training for s30... and i'll use the 'All about tor' training deck.
14:23:05 <ggus> https://community.torproject.org/training/resources/all-about-tor/
14:23:46 <emmapeel> ggus: the translations are not appearing on the slides :S
14:23:55 <emmapeel> but they appear on my local install
14:24:40 <ggus> emmapeel: do you know if we have pt-br or ES translations?
14:25:24 <emmapeel> i can check about pt-BR but i think es is well translated
14:25:37 <emmapeel> only it seems our bulid system needs one more build or something
14:26:21 <ggus> emmapeel: what's the status of this ticket? i think having the translations working would be helpful for s30 training cycle
14:26:51 <ggus> (it will end in april 9)
14:27:48 <emmapeel> all-about tor has 200 strings  (1456 words) and 182 strings  (1405 words) are untranslated to pt-BR
14:28:10 <emmapeel> you can translate them here: https://www.transifex.com/otf/tor-project-support-community-portal/translate/#pt_BR/communitytpo-contentspot/323332793?q=occurrence%3Aall-about-tor+translated%3Ano
14:28:25 <ggus> ok, i have a local version in pt-br
14:29:32 <ggus> i think that's all i had for this topic - s30 trainings
14:29:46 <ggus> emmapeel: do you want to go next? :)
14:29:52 <ggus> * update: upcoming Ukrainian translation
14:30:30 <emmapeel> yes! the localization lab has mobilised Ukrainian translators, and we are reviewing the Ukrainian tor browser manual
14:30:34 <emmapeel> to publish soon
14:30:45 <emmapeel> i will ask help to tweet some stuff from the comms dept
14:30:53 <championquizzer> awesome
14:31:22 <emmapeel> we also have the Khmer translation ready (Khmer is sopken by 15 million people, mostly of them in Cambodia) and the zh-TW translation as well
14:31:40 <ggus> great! emmapeel, maybe we should tweet in ukrainian
14:31:59 <emmapeel> the problem with Khmer is that the fonts do not look well on our website and we need to be able to ship the fonts when opening the Khmer translations: https://review.torproject.net/tpo/web/manual/l10n/km/
14:32:23 <gman999> fonts are pretty easy to port for most port systems
14:32:26 <emmapeel> ggus: yeah! ill try and get some tweets translated. smething about use tor or something
14:32:36 <emmapeel> we do not have the Tor Browser in Ukrainian yet
14:32:47 <gman999> i can find some khmer fonts if you want
14:33:11 <emmapeel> gman999: we have a font, and we are shipping it with the website, but the titles in Khmer do not come out using it
14:33:36 <emmapeel> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/team/-/issues/29
14:33:46 <gman999> ah, ok
14:34:09 <emmapeel> the font was recommended by the translators: they know the author and if there are problems they can talk with him to fix them
14:34:19 <emmapeel> it seems utf-8 khmer fonts are not easy to find
14:35:19 <gman999> understood.
14:35:49 <gman999> sil.org is very good for non-latin unicode-compliant fonts as a side note
14:36:05 <ggus> emmapeel: the kmer translation is 100% ready?
14:36:22 <emmapeel> ggus: yes, the main website and the tor browser manual are translated and reviewed
14:38:05 <ggus> cool, so tpa just need help us on the font issue and then we can tweet about it?
14:38:34 <emmapeel> yes
14:38:36 <raya[m]> would a Noto font fix the issue?
14:38:47 <emmapeel> i am not sure i know what a NOTO font is
14:38:55 <emmapeel> or rather Noto
14:39:12 <raya[m]> they're the fonts that google released a while ago, in multiple languages: https://fonts.google.com/noto/specimen/Noto+Sans+Khmer/about
14:39:12 <gman999> google
14:39:19 <ggus> emmapeel: maybe the translator could suggest a font to use?
14:39:48 <emmapeel> the translators have suggested a font. that font is part of google fonts, but it also has a gpl-like license.
14:39:54 <emmapeel> we are shipping it in lego
14:40:28 <emmapeel> but it is not being used to render the characters at https://review.torproject.net/tpo/web/manual/l10n/km/
14:40:38 <ggus> fun
14:40:41 <emmapeel> that is what we need tpa to do now, and we can ship
14:41:33 <emmapeel> yeah, is crazy. i hate it when they call stuff 'universal' and half the earth is out
14:42:28 <raya[m]> 10000%
14:42:58 <ggus> +1
14:43:12 <ggus> anything else about l10n work?
14:44:13 <emmapeel> just to invite everybody to the hangout on friday, let me know if you want to present stuff for translators, so i can add it to the call
14:44:29 <emmapeel> https://community.torproject.org/localization/hangouts/
14:44:54 <ggus> cool!
14:45:06 <ggus> emmapeel: do you have a pad for the call?
14:45:18 <ggus> like we do for relay operators meetups
14:45:21 <emmapeel> ggus: not really. maybe i should get one
14:47:22 <ggus> emmapeel: did we have a special meetup for russians and/or ukrainians translators?
14:47:30 <emmapeel> no
14:49:02 * gman999 going afk... sorry
14:49:58 <ggus> okay
14:52:16 <ggus> emmapeel: maybe share a hangout pad on #tor-l10n and let's see if translators will add topics
14:52:27 <ggus> alright, anything else for today?
14:52:38 <ggus> everyone is good?
14:53:01 <emmapeel> ggus: yeah, i will do that. im good!
14:53:20 * championquizzer is good. thanks all! o/
14:53:53 <raya[m]> all good, thank you!
14:54:12 <championquizzer> raya[m]: i will follow up with the forum post :)
14:54:35 <raya[m]> thank you! i really appreciate it :)
14:55:26 <ggus> thank you everyone!
14:55:32 <ggus> hope you have a great week o/
14:55:34 <nina13[m]> Thanks all!
14:55:38 <ggus> #endmeeting