16:04:47 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 03/14/2021
16:04:47 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar 14 16:04:47 2022 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:04:47 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:04:53 <GeKo> a bit lat folks, sorry
16:04:57 <GeKo> late
16:05:04 <GeKo> as the previous meeting got late
16:05:12 <GeKo> ggus: ^
16:05:31 <GeKo> http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep is the pad with stuff
16:06:01 <ggus> hello
16:06:11 <GeKo> hey
16:06:30 <GeKo> ggus: so, i have one item we might want to coordinate a bit
16:06:41 <GeKo> the final 0.3.5 eol removal
16:07:00 <GeKo> from my pov we shuld be ready to pull the switch like this week
16:07:05 <GeKo> what do you think?
16:08:01 <ggus> how many relays are still in 0.3.5?
16:08:32 <GeKo> let me see
16:09:27 <GeKo> 353 with 2.45% capacity
16:09:38 <GeKo> so, not too much
16:09:51 <GeKo> there are are 128 bridges as well
16:10:04 <GeKo> i've been writing a bunch of mails to operators and helping them
16:10:05 <ggus> we're so close to have 3k bridges
16:10:15 <GeKo> but those requests are trickling down, too
16:10:39 <GeKo> i don't expect we gain much more by waiting yet another week or two or so
16:10:56 <ggus> let's do a final warning on social media and then you can remove it
16:11:27 <GeKo> okay. are you doing that warning today?
16:11:43 <ggus> tomorrow, bc today i will be afk soon
16:11:56 <GeKo> and then i'll get the remaining relays etc. removed by the end of this weel?
16:12:02 <GeKo> *week
16:12:05 <ggus> sgtm
16:12:05 <GeKo> or next monday?
16:12:12 <ggus> or let's do on monday
16:12:18 <GeKo> right
16:12:19 <ggus> because ppl will get back to us
16:12:24 <GeKo> yep
16:12:26 <ggus> and it will be on the weekend
16:12:37 <GeKo> okay, that sounds reasonable, thanks
16:12:50 <GeKo> anything i/we can help you with?
16:13:01 <ggus> all good
16:13:22 <GeKo> nice
16:13:30 <ggus> i have another topic
16:13:36 <GeKo> go ahead
16:14:06 <ggus> in the last meetup, i suggested about creating a new page on the community portal
16:14:24 <ggus> for tools developed by the community to manage relays
16:14:29 <ggus> https://forum.torproject.net/t/suggestion-a-summary-page-of-relay-bridge-install-guides-in-one-place/2425/3
16:14:43 <GeKo> right
16:14:53 <ggus> i'm thinking about adding a page with a table
16:14:56 <GeKo> i saw that today when preparing the mail to tor-relays
16:15:36 <ggus> we should let relay operators know that it's not maintained by TPO, so if it's outdated they should get in touch with the developer
16:15:36 <GeKo> do we vet those tools somehow?
16:15:43 <GeKo> ah
16:16:25 <GeKo> where would that page show up?
16:16:55 <ggus> maybe here? https://community.torproject.org/relay/community-resources/
16:17:12 <ggus> or inside /relay/setup
16:17:22 <GeKo> hrm
16:17:51 <GeKo> i am a bit concerned about mixing pages where we *do* keep the content up-to-date with those where we don't
16:18:01 <GeKo> both on our official pages
16:18:02 <ggus> in the past: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/relays/-/wikis/Relay-Infrastructure
16:18:34 <ggus> it was an old trac page
16:18:41 <GeKo> yeah, a wiki
16:19:08 <GeKo> if you are fine with mixing both types of pages we can try it out
16:21:03 <ggus> the most important thing is adding a disclaimer, imo
16:21:12 <GeKo> otherwise a wiki would seem fine with me
16:21:18 <GeKo> maybe
16:21:41 <ggus> at the moment we have nusenu's and phoul github thing
16:21:51 <ggus> coldhack code, actually
16:21:58 <GeKo> i wonder how much a disclaimer would help if the page looks official otherwise
16:22:08 <GeKo> and the parent and sister pages are official
16:22:26 <GeKo> but as i said, i am fine trying it out
16:23:26 <GeKo> ggus: speaking of table: do we have some showing a bunch of linux/bsd etc. OSes with the latest tor version available in their packaging system?
16:23:52 <GeKo> like, do we know how outdated tor packages out there are?
16:24:12 <GeKo> i feel it might be worth trying to track that somewhere
16:24:29 <ggus> i think we should point this wiki or forum page in the main docs, because people are always rewriting the same tool. it would be nice to have more collaboration between these projects
16:24:30 <GeKo> we could maybe start, based on that, some outreach to different distros or so
16:24:39 <ggus> GeKo: i don't think so
16:25:06 <ggus> it would be nice to have a net healh team page for that
16:25:09 <GeKo> okay, i might file a nework health ticket to keep track of that
16:25:25 <GeKo> for the OSes and their available tor versions?
16:25:59 <ggus> yes
16:26:08 <ggus> and who is the maintainer
16:26:20 <GeKo> right
16:26:34 <GeKo> let me make a note on the pad so i don't forget to ticketify it at least
16:27:34 <GeKo> hiro juga: anything (else) from your side in case you are around
16:27:35 <GeKo> ?
16:27:43 <hiro> I am good
16:28:21 <GeKo> okay, then let's close the meeting for now
16:28:28 <GeKo> thanks everyone and have a nice week
16:28:28 <hiro> struggling with onionoo for this https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/metrics/onionoo/-/issues/40022
16:28:32 <hiro> have a nice week
16:28:39 <GeKo> aha
16:28:50 <GeKo> i saw your comment
16:29:12 <GeKo> let's chat outside this meeting
16:29:15 <GeKo> #endmeeting