15:59:16 <meskio> #startmeeting tor anti-censorship meeting
15:59:16 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Mar 31 15:59:16 2022 UTC.  The chair is meskio. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:16 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:20 <meskio> hello everybody!!
15:59:24 <shelikhoo> hi~
15:59:28 <itchyonion> hello
15:59:32 <meskio> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
15:59:34 <cohosh> hi!
15:59:43 <meskio> feel free to add what you've been working on
15:59:50 <meskio> and put items you want to talk in the agenda
16:00:23 <meskio> I cleaned up the agenda, or should I had kept any items there?
16:01:39 <meskio> we have a pretty empty agenda
16:01:45 <meskio> anything for today to talk about?
16:02:34 <itchyonion> question: how do we assign who to review a MR? The person who opened up the issue, or let the bot decide?
16:03:03 <meskio> itchyonion: there is a bot that do it automatically for snowflake, rdsys and bridgedb (do I miss any repo?)
16:03:15 <meskio> but you can asign them if you think someone specifically should review it
16:03:31 <itchyonion> 👍
16:03:50 <meskio> you were assigned to some automatically by the bot
16:05:54 <meskio> dcf1: what is the status on the new snowflake bridge? I saw you migrated to a temporary one, is there a date we expect the new hardware to be ready for the migration?
16:06:25 <meskio> ahh, I see in your updates that you are already on it
16:06:29 <meskio> nice
16:06:46 <dcf1> ln5 says the new server should be installed some time tomorrow
16:07:03 <meskio> cool
16:07:13 <dcf1> then I have to install the bridge software on it, then we need to do another DNS migration, and then hopefully this is where it will live from now on
16:08:36 <meskio> great
16:08:58 <meskio> will be nice to have it stable and hopefully it will hold until we have the multi bridge support
16:11:03 <shelikhoo> Yes, I am kind of waiting for client multi bridge support to finish before start working on the broker part with full force. But the part that have no dependency is being worked on
16:11:39 <meskio> yeah!!
16:13:57 <meskio> I'm getting ready to deploy the telegram bot in rdsys, but there are some concerns that the quality of bridges might decrease
16:14:01 <meskio> rdsys#101
16:14:33 <meskio> as we were manually feeding bridges to the bot before, and now we'll get them from the bridge authority
16:14:40 <shelikhoo> My proposal for this is to give old user with both bridges from new pool and old pool
16:14:55 <shelikhoo> so that it is at least as good as the new user's bridge
16:15:53 <meskio> the new pool tends to get blocked, we have being rotating them, but the idea of separating old and new is so the blocked bridges don't affect the old accounts
16:16:16 <meskio> ahh, I see, you mean we give one bridge from each pool for old accounts?
16:16:22 <shelikhoo> yes
16:16:24 <meskio> interesting idea
16:16:38 <shelikhoo> or two bridge?
16:17:38 <meskio> yes, at least for the ones from the bridge authority we should provide at least 2
16:19:39 <meskio> I'll note that idea and talk with ggus about it, let's see if we can move telegram to rdsys soon
16:20:18 <meskio> anything else for today?
16:20:25 <meskio> we might have a short meeting today :)
16:20:30 <shelikhoo> the hosting Hosting Centralized Probe Log Collection Server on TPA managed VPS thing is progressing right now
16:20:32 <shelikhoo> EOF
16:20:45 <shelikhoo> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/tpa/team/-/issues/40661#note_2792420
16:20:53 <shelikhoo> but no news
16:21:55 <meskio> nice
16:23:04 <meskio> just a reminder we have reading group next week
16:23:13 <meskio> https://www.usenix.org/system/files/sec21-rosen.pdf
16:24:33 <meskio> I'll wait another minute to see if someone has something else and close the meeting if not
16:24:56 <keroserene> hi folks. i had a call with greatfire earlier today. they are interested in collaborating on snowflake. we can talk about it later, anyone who is interested in what's going on in china. that's all for now on my end
16:26:23 <shelikhoo> Yes, keroserene I am quite interested, please let me know the detail....
16:26:30 <keroserene> lets dm
16:26:36 <shelikhoo> yes!
16:26:53 <itchyonion> also interested
16:26:56 <meskio> cool, I'll love to hear the results, but I don't think I need to be in that conversation
16:27:23 <keroserene> itchyonion: we can chat too!
16:27:51 <itchyonion> 👍
16:29:17 <meskio> okay, I can end the meeting here
16:29:21 <meskio> #endmeeting