13:59:20 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team Meeting - May 2 2022
13:59:20 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May  2 13:59:20 2022 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:59:20 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:59:24 <ggus> hi everyone
13:59:30 * nah lurking...
13:59:30 <ggus> the community team meeting is starting now
13:59:33 <rhatto> hi all :)
13:59:38 <nina13[m]> hi!
13:59:46 <ggus> please add your updates on the pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2022-keep
14:00:17 <ggus> and let me know when you're done
14:00:27 <ggus> and feel free to add other topics to discuss
14:00:31 <raya[m]> o/
14:03:17 <emmapeel> o/
14:03:30 <championquizzer> \o
14:03:33 * championquizzer is done
14:05:37 <nina13[m]> done!
14:06:28 <emmapeel> same
14:06:37 <emmapeel> happy mayday everybody!
14:07:50 <emmapeel> week is starting with difficulties: my bike broke, and the space key is misbehaving
14:08:22 <raya[m]> done!
14:08:35 <ggus> YouCanUseCamelCase
14:08:41 <raya[m]> :)
14:08:44 <emmapeel> ThanksGus
14:08:49 <ggus> great! thanks everyone! let's get started
14:09:16 <ggus> * Relay operator sysadmin 101 workshop
14:09:40 <ggus> gman999: i started to work on the registration form, but i'd like some help on the questions for the survey
14:10:32 <ggus> gman999: here's the draft - https://nc.torproject.net/apps/forms/cDLPxryHJcP5kMeW
14:11:03 <ggus> we can take a look together today, so we can start sharing
14:11:25 <gman999> ah, cool.
14:12:22 <ggus> gman999: we should invite oniondao contributors for the workshop
14:12:28 <ggus> https://oniondao.web.app/
14:12:54 <gman999> ok
14:13:00 <emmapeel> i have a suggestion already: the 'i have been running relays for quite a while' is a bit too vague. maybe 'for some months' is better
14:13:03 <ggus> they are running a lot of exits
14:13:14 <gman999> the one thing is we should say both relays and bridges IMHO
14:13:25 <gman999> same audience to a large extent
14:13:40 <ggus> emmapeel: thanks! i added your suggestion
14:13:48 <gman999> how would oniondao contribute?
14:14:10 <ggus> fwiw, a bridge is a tor relay. but i get your point
14:14:21 <ggus> gman999: they should attend
14:14:26 <gman999> attned... great...
14:14:36 <gman999> 'contribute' is a harder questoin IMHO
14:14:48 <gman999> i have my own list of bsd ppl to drag in
14:14:58 <gman999> plus maybe RPI students
14:15:11 <gman999> and we're set on date?
14:15:17 <gman999> june 4?
14:15:55 <ggus> RPI is.. raspberry Pi students?
14:16:19 <ggus> yes, if june 4th works for you and kushal
14:16:30 <gman999> sorry.. . the university
14:16:44 <ggus> hehe cool!
14:16:45 <gman999> rensalaer polytech institute...
14:16:55 <gman999> so i want to work on this quest. a bit.
14:17:01 <gman999> i have some other ideas...
14:17:20 <ggus> great! :D
14:17:24 <gman999> we are looking to see about experience running boxes in production on the internet..
14:17:30 <gman999> that is the main barometer tome.
14:17:37 <gman999> and i'll ping kushal again on irc
14:18:02 <gman999> ok... cool.
14:18:45 <ggus> alright, let's talk later on irc and then we can update the form :)
14:18:56 <ggus> i will move to the next topic
14:19:21 <ggus> * OONI+Tor training in Latam with Derechos Digitales
14:19:24 <gman999> k
14:20:19 <ggus> i met jamila and rafael last week and we talked about running two workshops in may with a network of ngos in latam about OONI and tor anti-censorship
14:20:49 <emmapeel> cool
14:20:51 <ggus> i already pinged Maria from OONI and she will be able to run the workshop about OONI
14:21:39 <ggus> although she doesn't speak Spanish
14:21:46 <emmapeel> i can help on that
14:21:49 <ggus> DD is organizing simultaneous translation
14:21:55 <emmapeel> although i am not great at live translation
14:22:02 <emmapeel> after the first 10 minutes heh
14:22:09 <ggus> hehe, it's hard!
14:22:26 <emmapeel> i can do 10 minutes, then i start just rephrasing on the same language
14:22:43 <ggus> this week we'll send a survey to the participants of their network
14:22:53 <ggus> asking if they already know about OONI
14:23:24 <ggus> the goal is to have these trainings now in May, because of the national elections in Colombia
14:23:36 <raya[m]> i can help with the survey
14:23:39 <ggus> on the weekend of may 28
14:23:51 <ggus> raya[m]: i will share the pad with you
14:23:58 <raya[m]> awesome
14:24:14 <ggus> that all happened on last friday. it was...pretty fast.
14:26:00 <raya[m]> responding to the momentum :)
14:26:31 <ggus> yeah :)
14:26:39 <ggus> i will move to the next topic
14:27:01 <ggus> * Collecting Tor Browser alpha feedback from our support channels (RT and cdr.link)
14:27:20 <ggus> the new tor browser alpha was released last week
14:27:40 <championquizzer> https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-115a9/
14:28:04 <ggus> afaik, this is alpha has a lot of features that we will see in the next stable
14:28:53 <ggus> soon we will start recruting on social media new alpha testers
14:29:28 <ggus> so, we might see users reporting things to us on cdr.link + RT
14:30:37 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/operations/communications/-/issues/65
14:30:42 <ggus> hm
14:30:51 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/community/-/issues/269
14:31:14 <ggus> you can see that the new 'become an alpha tester' is coming
14:33:19 <ggus> championquizzer: nina13[m]: for users reporting on cdr.link or on RT, we should have a common user support pad with the bugs and feedback that users will share with us
14:34:37 <championquizzer> ggus: a pad shared amongst us and ux/applications? shared with the users?
14:35:01 <ggus> it's important to: 1. if it's a new TB issue, open a new bug in GitLab. 2. if it's a feedback, collect the quotes, so we can share with ux and tb-devs, 3. count how many times that issue is popping up
14:35:16 <championquizzer> ah i see
14:35:17 <ggus> championquizzer: a pad shared with ux/applications
14:35:22 <championquizzer> yes!
14:35:36 <nina13[m]> sounds good
14:36:40 <ggus> that pad will help us on writing the end of month report and feed the ux+apps teams as they don't have access to cdr.link and rt.
14:37:10 <ggus> (and the AC team too)
14:37:39 <championquizzer> yep, I will also make a generic template on the support channels so we can tag tickets to that template
14:37:47 <championquizzer> helps with indexing esp. on RT
14:37:58 <ggus> that's a good idea!
14:38:51 <nina13[m]> and template to send users who wants to report a bug so we could get at least somehow structured feedback
14:39:59 <ggus> something like this? https://support.torproject.org/misc/bug-or-feedback/
14:40:38 <nina13[m]> yes!
14:41:21 <ggus> we can add a text module in cdr.link
14:41:35 <championquizzer> yep
14:42:07 <nina13[m]> I will translate it into russian and send to you
14:42:20 <ggus> yay!
14:42:29 <ggus> i added in the pad :)
14:42:36 <emmapeel> i think it is already translated
14:42:50 <emmapeel> https://support.torproject.org/ru/misc/bug-or-feedback/
14:42:53 <ggus> anything else about this topic (alpha feedback from our support channels)?
14:43:26 <nina13[m]> I anyway need to add some nice words tho the template =)
14:43:56 <emmapeel> sure :)
14:44:43 <ggus> * Training page revamp:
14:44:45 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/community/-/issues/265
14:45:14 <ggus> raya did some updates on the training page ticket
14:45:26 <ggus> raya[m]: would you like to share the last updates?
14:45:38 <ggus> and where we are now with the revamp?
14:45:41 <raya[m]> of course! thanks gus
14:45:59 <raya[m]> did some touch ups based on the feedback from nah and emmapeel last week
14:46:00 <raya[m]> https://www.figma.com/file/bNd5C39p7w54ZQwa4IhPRH/Training-Resources-v.1.2?node-id=0%3A1
14:46:08 <raya[m]> this is how it's looking currently
14:46:30 <ggus> *.*
14:46:43 <raya[m]> struggling with the dropdowns in the filter bar... they're too long and we should also make them into checkboxes so users can multi-select
14:47:50 <raya[m]> was trying to also search for usable alternatives to dropdowns, all suggestions are welcome!
14:49:10 <ggus> i wonder how/if the dropdowns will work with lektor.
14:50:01 <raya[m]> hmm haven't thought of that! i'll search
14:50:19 <ggus> i will check that too
14:50:37 <emmapeel> there are dropdowns in the support portal
14:50:46 <emmapeel> or somewhere. let me check
14:50:59 <ggus> well, there is the language selector
14:51:05 <raya[m]> was gonna say
14:51:06 <emmapeel> yeah, in the support portal
14:51:16 <emmapeel> no, the main page, i.e. https://support.torproject.org/ru/
14:51:18 <raya[m]> took my inspo from the language selector
14:51:34 <emmapeel> oh, they are not menu, only dropdown text
14:51:41 <ggus> but multiple filters idk
14:51:48 <emmapeel> if you click on the title some text appears
14:52:16 <emmapeel> yeah, no multiple filters
14:54:03 <raya[m]> will ping kez and inquire about the possibility
14:54:13 <ggus> ok!
14:54:15 <ggus> thanks raya[m]!
14:54:33 <ggus> there's also some discussion about the mobile version
14:55:05 <ggus> tbh, the community portal menus are pretty bad for mobile devices
14:55:12 <ggus> but we should address that in another ticket
14:55:23 <raya[m]> yup, there's a worry about the filters not responding well in mobile.. will need to rethink here
14:55:51 <ggus> raya[m]: i thought about not having the filter feature in mobile
14:56:00 <ggus> or at least for now
14:56:37 <ggus> i will open a ticket discussing the menu thing
14:56:43 <raya[m]> that's an option too
14:57:01 <raya[m]> i was thinking we could just have checkboxes
14:57:05 <raya[m]> but a small amount of course
14:57:20 <ggus> hmm! yes, that sounds interesting
14:58:01 <raya[m]> will work on it and propose alternatives :)
14:58:24 <ggus> thank you, raya[m]! the new pages are looking awesome! :D
14:58:42 <raya[m]> thank you!
14:58:46 <ggus> i will stop the bot, but we can continue chatting on #tor-www
14:58:51 <ggus> thanks everyone! o/
14:58:55 <ggus> #endmeeting