15:59:43 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 05/02/2022
15:59:43 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May  2 15:59:43 2022 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:43 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:49 <GeKo> hello everyone!
15:59:54 <ggus> hola
15:59:58 <GeKo> welcome to another network-health sync
16:00:06 <GeKo> http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep is our pad
16:00:18 <GeKo> feel free to enter stuff you have worked on last week
16:00:35 <GeKo> some folks are out today, so we might have an unusually short meeting :)
16:00:56 <GeKo> ggus: if you have stuff to bring up, just do it
16:01:13 <GeKo> ah, yes, maybe the relay ops expectations?
16:01:23 <GeKo> we have still the wiki plan for that, right?
16:01:27 <ggus> i'll uypdate the pad
16:01:29 <ggus> one sec
16:04:06 <ggus> done
16:05:01 <ggus> i added the latest version of the 'Expectations for Relay Operators' in the community team wiki: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/team/-/wikis/Expectations-for-Relay-Operators
16:05:22 <ggus> we can discuss if we should move to Network Health wiki
16:05:23 <GeKo> that's the place you have in mind for it for now?
16:05:34 <GeKo> i am fine leaving it in the community one
16:05:46 <GeKo> i like it actually better there
16:06:03 <ggus> this is the place where we called the public consultation last year
16:06:12 <ggus> so, i just updated the text
16:06:18 <GeKo> okay
16:06:24 <GeKo> shall i give it another read?
16:06:36 <ggus> yes, i added a few things
16:06:40 <ggus> > Running a bridge and a public relay using the same IP address is discouraged as censored users won't be able to connect to the network.
16:06:43 <ggus> for example ^^^
16:07:23 <GeKo> yeah
16:07:35 <GeKo> okay. i'll do it tomorrow and get back to you
16:08:01 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/team/-/wikis/Expectations-for-Relay-Operators/diff?version_id=ecc38a098be335b811375cef5ad32a289f9a02dd
16:08:15 <ggus> ok!
16:10:03 <GeKo> ggus: what about the uprade?
16:10:38 <ggus> yess, so i think mikeperry is writing an update to send to relay operators
16:11:05 <ggus> i think deb upgrade was rolled out last weekend
16:11:18 <GeKo> yeah
16:11:26 <GeKo> i saw a lot of exits restarting
16:11:39 <GeKo> or already outright joining on
16:12:05 <ggus> so far: 2k relays upgraded, 637 are exits
16:12:34 <ggus> some families were partially upgraded
16:12:42 <ggus> like artikel10
16:13:24 <ggus> (or maybe i'm misinterpreting the data)
16:14:18 <GeKo> which?
16:14:28 <GeKo> i think the 637 number looks right
16:15:05 <GeKo> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/sbws/-/issues/40132#note_2799526
16:15:14 <GeKo> May 02 13:04:49 INFO (MainThread) flowctrl2.py:100 - main - Number of exits that have 2 in FlowCtrl: 637.
16:15:48 <ggus> for example, i saw that ~70 relays from artikel10 upgraded, but i need to check how many they are running
16:16:17 <ggus> after that, my plan is to contact these big families and ask them to upgrade
16:17:09 <GeKo> sounds good
16:17:19 <GeKo> let me know if you need help with anything in that regard
16:17:48 <GeKo> we just had a s61 meeting and one thing i'll do this week is helping mike with the blog post
16:18:05 <GeKo> getting that out soon seems like a good idea
16:18:55 <ggus> yes!
16:18:56 <GeKo> and i'll add a notice on our status page (in the network-exeriments section) about
16:19:14 <ggus> i was checking juga's comment. very nice!
16:19:20 <GeKo> we already see a bw spike
16:19:21 <GeKo> May 02 13:04:49 INFO (MainThread) flowctrl2.py:100 - main - Number of exits that have 2 in FlowCtrl: 637.
16:19:26 <GeKo> err
16:19:33 <GeKo> https://metrics.torproject.org/bandwidth.html
16:19:53 <GeKo> so, relay operators might wonder wth is going on :)
16:20:00 <ggus> wth is going on /o\
16:21:00 <GeKo> it's supposed to behave that way
16:21:03 <GeKo> all is good
16:21:13 <GeKo> like we saw in rob's flooding experiments
16:21:56 <GeKo> so, yeah
16:22:10 <GeKo> ggus: if you need something from me for the related transition
16:22:17 <GeKo> just piiiiiiiing :)
16:22:23 <ggus> sure!! will do :)
16:22:48 <GeKo> alright, anything else for today?
16:22:49 <ggus> that's all i had for today
16:22:53 <GeKo> nice
16:22:59 <GeKo> anybody else around by chance?
16:23:21 <GeKo> does not seem to be the case
16:23:23 <GeKo> good
16:23:30 <GeKo> thanks ggus, ttyl o/
16:23:32 <GeKo> #endmeeting