15:07:58 <PieroV> #startmeeting Tor Browser Weekly Meeting 2022-05-23
15:07:58 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May 23 15:07:58 2022 UTC.  The chair is PieroV. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:07:58 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:08:19 <PieroV> hi everyone, pad is at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:08:58 <PieroV> I don't see anyone writing, so I think we can proceed
15:09:14 <PieroV> the only item in the discussion is HTTPS-Everywhere
15:09:20 <PieroV> but it hasn't a name
15:10:12 <PieroV> did richard write it?
15:10:40 * boklm didn't write it
15:10:58 <sysrqb> donuts: ?
15:11:08 <donuts> wasn't me
15:11:17 <sysrqb> mystery
15:12:04 <donuts> ya
15:12:06 <donuts> weird
15:12:08 <PieroV> well, the latest versions have the old HTTPS-E (July 2021)
15:12:21 <sysrqb> i assume they are complaining about the fact that newer Tor Browser versions on't have a newer version of HTTPS-E
15:12:24 <sysrqb> yeah
15:12:38 <sysrqb> *don't
15:13:20 <PieroV> the alternative is that HTTPS-E was not supposed to be updated again
15:13:26 <PieroV> but they released some new version
15:13:40 <sysrqb> indeed :)
15:13:44 <sysrqb> i am suprised by this, too
15:13:51 <sysrqb> *surprised
15:14:03 <donuts> oh okay, so we should update it then I guess
15:14:17 <boklm> should we update to that version in the next release?
15:14:36 <PieroV> I'd say yes for the stable, and maybe also for the alpha
15:14:46 <sysrqb> fwiw, i think we should - only stable and on Android Alpha (at least)
15:15:06 <PieroV> I still have my changes for securedrop.tor.onion pending
15:15:47 <PieroV> I'd need to rebase them for the latest alpha and delete any downloaded data if the feature is disabled
15:15:52 <sysrqb> ah, okay, i didn't know they are still pending
15:16:25 <PieroV> but apart from that they're ready (on my side), but I think donuts has never tried them to see if the ui is okay
15:16:44 <donuts> we need to reach out to FPF in the ticket and ask them to test a build too, I'm mentioned it to richard a couple of times
15:16:59 <PieroV> I could update them and make a testbuild
15:17:06 <donuts> that would be fantastic, thank you
15:17:17 <donuts> *I'd
15:17:17 <PieroV> is it likely in your opinion that they still have time to end in 11.5?
15:17:40 <donuts> as in can the changes launch in 11.5?
15:17:51 <PieroV> yes
15:17:57 <PieroV> s/end/land/
15:18:01 <donuts> aha gotcha
15:18:20 <donuts> providing FPF are happy and all the securedrop redirects still work, I don't see why not
15:18:43 <donuts> I'm not sure if richard had a different plan though
15:18:49 <donuts> I've seen them mention "12" a couple of times
15:18:58 <PieroV> maybe a more correct question is: with or without HTTPS-E?
15:19:38 <donuts> yeah, I think richard's intention was for HTTPS-Only in 11.5 and to remove HTTPS-E in 12, but I'm not sure what their reasoning was
15:19:47 <PieroV> we could add the patch, remove the old one that interacted with HTTPS-E (or change it to remove the related list), but keep HTTPS-E
15:19:50 <donuts> I suppose lack of time in Alpha
15:20:06 <donuts> yep that could work too
15:20:24 <PieroV> okay; I'll update the patch anyway, and we can see later what to do
15:20:29 <donuts> sounds good
15:20:55 <PieroV> and update HTTPS-E anyway
15:21:07 <donuts> yess
15:22:30 <PieroV> okay, that was the only item in pad
15:23:20 <PieroV> do anybody have something to add to it? or other discussion topics?
15:25:20 <donuts> nothing from me :)
15:25:37 <PieroV> okay, I'll take it as a no by everyone
15:26:06 <PieroV> Thanks to everybody and have a good week :)
15:26:10 <sysrqb> o/
15:26:12 <PieroV> #endmeeting