16:00:02 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 2023-01-09
16:00:02 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jan  9 16:00:02 2023 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:02 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:08 <GeKo> hello everyone!
16:00:11 <hiro> o/
16:00:16 <juga> o/
16:00:23 <GeKo> we have the first sync in 2023
16:00:35 <GeKo> and i hope you had a good and relaxing time off :)
16:00:50 <GeKo> our pad is still residing at: http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep
16:01:20 <GeKo> i just have a psa: i'll be afk 02/16-02/26
16:01:32 <GeKo> (having the next vacation on the radar after just being back :))
16:01:48 <gaba> hello! o/
16:01:55 <GeKo> it's marked in nextcloud, but i thought mentioning it here can't hurt
16:01:58 <GeKo> hihi
16:02:25 <GeKo> i'll do a refresher in the week before i'll actually take that time off
16:02:28 <GeKo> alright
16:02:52 <GeKo> i see you added your items, nice
16:03:07 <GeKo> we can skip the s112 part today as we have a bbb sync tomorrow 1800
16:04:06 <GeKo> do we have anything from your side we need to sync about?
16:04:13 <GeKo> or discuss?
16:04:19 * juga is good
16:04:23 * hiro is groot
16:04:31 <GeKo> nice
16:04:39 <GeKo> ggus: you around and have anything by chance?
16:04:45 <ggus> hey!
16:04:55 <GeKo> o/
16:05:03 <GeKo> as i said s112 is tomorrow 1800
16:05:11 <GeKo> so, nothing from that side for today
16:05:11 <ggus> GeKo: we should discuss when we will do our next relay op meetup
16:05:19 <GeKo> but maybe we have something else
16:05:23 <GeKo> right
16:05:45 <GeKo> i wonder whether there will be a relay ops meeting at fosdem
16:05:52 <GeKo> i won't be there
16:06:09 <GeKo> but if so, maybe it does not make sense to have one in january?
16:06:14 <ggus> i won't be there either, but maybe we can find a volunteer to do it? still, i think an online one is important
16:06:27 <hackerncoder> emma, ahf and I are supposedly going
16:06:31 <GeKo> okay, fine with me
16:06:37 <GeKo> yeah, and i think richard, too
16:06:50 <ggus> especially because the ddos is back
16:06:57 <GeKo> is it?
16:07:12 <GeKo> i looked today at some indicators and it did not look that bad...
16:07:39 <GeKo> anyway
16:07:51 <GeKo> ggus: we could do 01/28?
16:07:55 <ggus> GeKo: well, my guard relays are being dddosed
16:08:02 <ggus> GeKo: sgtm!
16:08:09 <GeKo> maybe 01/21 is too early, but would work for me as well
16:09:00 <ggus> what time would work for you? 19utc?
16:09:12 <GeKo> yeah, that's okay-ish
16:10:01 <ggus> ok! i will send the invitation this week
16:10:33 <GeKo> nice
16:10:52 <GeKo> + maybe a link to a pad for brainstorming topics etc.?
16:11:05 <ggus> yep
16:11:12 <GeKo> thanks
16:11:22 <GeKo> ggus: i just realized i had another topic to bring up with you:
16:11:41 <GeKo> what about kicking 0.4.6.x bridges finally out?
16:12:08 <GeKo> that's the final blocker to get a block at the tor level going i think
16:12:19 <GeKo> or we could ask gman not to upgrade to versions
16:12:26 <GeKo> but that seems to be a bit cumbersome
16:12:39 <ggus> 271 bridges running 0.4.x :(
16:12:47 <GeKo> and risky if the to update contains sec fixes
16:12:56 <ggus> ah wait
16:13:07 <ggus> 241 bridges
16:13:14 <GeKo> 216 on 0.4.6 is what i have
16:13:25 <ggus> that is like 10% of bridges :(
16:13:31 <GeKo> still almost 8% of bridge capacity
16:13:43 <GeKo> hrm
16:14:02 <ggus> GeKo: did you send the email to bridge operators?
16:14:24 <GeKo> i did send mail to some operators
16:14:41 <GeKo> but stopped at some point and did not send mail to all of them iirc
16:14:42 <ggus> GeKo: what do you think of aiming to remove them at the end of january? so we have ~1 month to advertise this
16:14:50 <GeKo> wfm
16:14:53 <ggus> ok!
16:15:08 <GeKo> i can make a new list of opeators not having upgraded yet
16:15:14 <GeKo> and do another round of mailing
16:15:20 <GeKo> likely this week
16:16:02 <GeKo> alright
16:16:07 <GeKo> good stuff
16:16:07 <ggus> sounds good
16:16:13 <GeKo> anything else for today?
16:16:52 <ggus> nope
16:17:03 <GeKo> great
16:17:07 <GeKo> welcome back everyone
16:17:11 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/relays/-/issues/60
16:17:17 <GeKo> and have a nice week
16:17:20 <GeKo> <3
16:17:24 <GeKo> #endmeeting