16:59:22 <ahf> #startmeeting Network team meeting, 9th January 2023
16:59:22 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jan  9 16:59:22 2023 UTC.  The chair is ahf. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:22 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:59:24 <Diziet> Hello.  I feel a bit like a cardboard box.  I hope that means your head isn't in my head because that would be confusing.
16:59:26 <ahf> hello there
16:59:29 <ahf> first meeting of 2023
17:00:38 <ahf> pad is at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2023.1-keep
17:01:20 <nickm> omg 2023
17:01:44 <ahf> okay, let's get going. i assume people are having an easy time with their boards right now: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/core/-/boards
17:02:09 <dgoulet> under control for some low values of "control" :)
17:02:43 <nickm> yeah, I think i'm okay for this week at least
17:02:56 <nickm> mostly on arti#716
17:03:07 <nickm> with other stuff, time permitting
17:04:00 <dgoulet> speaking of 2023, how close is TB or/and arti to transition to arti? :)
17:04:14 <ahf> starting out with the big questions
17:04:15 <ahf> lol
17:04:18 <nickm> ha.  Good question for richard
17:04:34 <richard> o/
17:04:40 <dgoulet> "This year" or "Next year" will satisfy me :P
17:04:49 <nickm> I know that they were gonna start early with an experimental transition, but that it can't be done completely till arti is feature-complete on the client side
17:05:13 <richard> dgoulet: we're tentatively planning on beginning the transition this year
17:05:14 <dgoulet> oh I thought arti was minus HS ... ok ok
17:05:18 <dgoulet> ack!
17:05:19 <ahf> arti 2.0.0 is the feature parity milestone so i think we are a bit away from it
17:05:24 <dgoulet> ok ok
17:05:30 <richard> with a lot of hand waving
17:05:36 <Diziet> Client-side HS support ought not to change the APIs much if at all, so I think the TB integration work could start right away...
17:05:40 <richard> not clear on what that will look like yet
17:05:51 <ahf> ya
17:06:00 <ahf> oki, very good with the boards
17:06:10 <ahf> dgoulet: anything on tor releases?
17:06:42 <dgoulet> yes, so I'm planning a release soon, maybe this week or next (to give a chance to people to come back).
17:06:55 <dgoulet> there is a TROVE in there and CC fixes we really need
17:07:09 <dgoulet> that is about it... also, 045 will be EOL on Feb 15th iirc so this is exciting
17:07:33 <dgoulet> which means we'll essentially be supporting 1 single version at that point for the first time in a LONG TIME :P
17:07:55 <dgoulet> (until 048 comes out ofc)
17:08:05 * dgoulet done
17:08:33 <ahf> okay, awesome - gonna be nice with putting 0.4.5 in the grave. should almost have a beer on that day
17:08:51 <dgoulet> s/a/multiple/
17:09:11 <ahf> i'll skip the release wiki thing for now
17:09:29 <ahf> nothing actionable on team tickets
17:09:37 <ahf> (i am running this meeting like it's first monday of the month)
17:10:28 <ahf> the only new thing incoming from other teams is the arti obfs4 reachability tester, but i have no clue whether it is urgent, but will try to hear the ACT about that
17:10:37 <ahf> i saw nick already gave some advice on how to get started and that's a fine start i think
17:11:22 <ahf> triage-bot tickets are the same... 2023 is the year where we automate closure of those i think
17:11:42 <ahf> i think in my sync i removed (at least) one item that was added for discussion
17:11:49 <ahf> nickm: you added one about meetings this week, no?
17:12:01 <nickm> err, I meant to :)
17:12:09 <ahf> ah, good - i mentally remembered it then
17:12:19 <ahf> okay, so tomorrow we have the arti sync meeting, that is the public one at 17 utc
17:12:46 <ahf> on thursday we have the priorities meeting at 17 utc. note that this is a different time than the usual thursday sync meeting
17:13:12 <ahf> and people should try to prioritize this as much as possible :-) it is very unlikely that we are doing the 15 utc thursday meeting this week because we already have a meeting at 17 utc on thursday
17:13:38 <ahf> we are back at doing 1:1's, i spoke with eta, nick and david today, so next week it's the other half of the team
17:14:32 <ahf> on monday, we get a new team member who will join the C engineering work to hack on onion services especially with dgoulet. her name is micah and she goes by the nick scanlime and i will give an intro email to the alias we have when are closer to the start date, but be welcoming to our new team member as you always are <3
17:14:35 * Diziet makes a calendar note for thu 12th, 1700.
17:14:42 <Diziet> Is there an agenda for that ?
17:14:57 <ahf> there is a pad
17:15:03 <ahf> in the next cloud link
17:15:11 <Diziet> ah
17:15:12 <ahf> i have my pad open on another computer so can't easily link it
17:15:21 <ahf> so probably easiest if you go click on it yourself :S
17:15:41 <Diziet> https://pad.riseup.net/p/networkteam-priorities-2023
17:15:45 <ahf> yep!
17:15:46 <ahf> perfect
17:16:08 <nickm> (off topic: A pair of turkeys just walked into my front yard)
17:16:11 <ahf> okay, does anybody have anything else for this first team sync of 2023? in ~40 min. we have the s61 meeting with mikeperry
17:16:33 <ahf> nickm: nice, is this the new amazon delivery service in the US?
17:16:57 <nickm> This is a legacy service. They are unpredictable, and they only deliver themselves :)
17:17:06 <ahf> XD
17:17:23 <Diziet> nickm: Are they tasty ?
17:17:26 <ahf> awesome folks, i don't have anything else that warrents that you stick around on irc
17:17:51 <ahf> i am a little bit slow on responses the next 2 days as we are wrapping up handover of the old flat, but i am in meetings and email and irc and all that, but just a bit slower
17:17:57 <ahf> thanks all <3
17:17:58 <ahf> #endmeeting