14:58:19 <richard> #startmeeting Tor Browser Weekly Meeting 2023-01-23
14:58:19 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jan 23 14:58:19 2023 UTC.  The chair is richard. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:58:19 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:58:40 <richard> o/
14:58:51 <boklm> hi
14:58:52 <donuts> o/
14:59:10 <richard> hi everyone!
14:59:17 <richard> pad as usual: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
14:59:24 <dan_b> o/
15:00:08 <richard> 12.0.2 got out mid last week, and alpha nearly did but we ran into strange build reproducibility problems seeming related to the rlbox sandboxing chnge
15:00:09 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> Hi!
15:00:23 <richard> 12.5a2 should be out early this week
15:00:57 <richard> i've not had a chance to look over my email yet so that's probably old news to everyone :3
15:01:10 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> Interesting... I had a feeling rlbox might trigger weird bugs
15:01:28 <boklm> richard: are you doing signing/publishing for 12.5a2, or do you want me to do it?
15:01:47 <richard> could you sign please?
15:01:51 <boklm> yes, ok
15:02:05 <richard> ma1 and I are going to be at OTF this week so mostly afk I would think
15:02:13 <boklm> this will allow me to test changes for tor-browser-build#40736 at the same time
15:02:28 <richard> excellent :)
15:03:26 <richard> i invited everyone to a UX review meeting wenesday morning under the asssumption we'll have candidate builds for privacy browser's initial 'alpha'
15:04:16 <donuts> qa party! except no party, just qa
15:04:19 <richard> I don't think we necessarily need *everyone* looking in the call so feel free to skip it if an hour of joint-QA doesn't souond like your cup of tea
15:04:56 <richard> but the purpose of that is to have some focused time to actual poke and prod the browser and make sure we're tracking bugs
15:05:21 <dan_b> ah it looks like that's 6am my time
15:05:43 <richard> yeah also if it's a terrible time please skip :p
15:06:38 <richard> what are our current blockers for a privacy-browser candidate build?
15:09:55 <richard> hmm I think PieroV may be offline
15:10:12 <richard> well I'll catch up offline
15:10:20 <dan_b> if we want it for wed morning then we need to be doing the build tomorrow?
15:10:33 <dan_b> I know last week branding was a blocker on a fair number of the tickets
15:10:44 <richard> yeah exactly
15:11:23 <dan_b> i think that may be starting to get cleared up with at least temp icons being approved? but i m not sure where larger sets of copy / media for pages are? i think landing page/ about page may need attention from ux first?
15:12:32 <donuts> there's a temp new-tab page design in the ticket now at least, we're waiting on the copy from the sponsor however
15:13:06 <richard> donuts: yeah as expected, we should shoot to have that in for the february build
15:13:26 <richard> well i'll plan on building/signing tomorrow
15:13:40 <richard> so we're all good for wednesday
15:13:47 <richard> does anyone have anything else we need to discuss?
15:14:07 <boklm> not for me
15:15:18 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> Nothing else here -- Robert has SOCKSification in-progress, hoping to have it working within a week
15:15:38 <richard> looking forward to seeing the results of that project jeremy
15:15:43 <richard> alright in that case we can call it
15:16:02 <richard> have a good week everyone o/
15:16:06 <richard> #endmeeting