16:58:33 <ahf> #startmeeting Network team meeting, 23 January 2023
16:58:33 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jan 23 16:58:33 2023 UTC.  The chair is ahf. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:58:33 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:58:35 <ahf> hello hello!
16:58:40 <nickm> hi there!
16:58:48 <mbeth> hello!
16:58:51 <mikeperry> o/
16:58:52 <ahf> o/
16:59:01 <ahf> our pad is at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2023.1-keep
16:59:16 <juga> o/
16:59:18 <Diziet> o/
16:59:21 <jnewsome> o/
16:59:50 <GeKo> hi
16:59:51 <ahf> today we are going to go over the pad like we usually do, checklist-style, and then afterwards there is the sponsor 61 meeting that people who are tracking the performance work and conflux work (and other things related to that) should stay around for, but most people can go do something else at that time
17:00:02 <ahf> welcome to mbeth! first monday meeting here! \o/
17:00:17 <mbeth> thank you!
17:00:36 <ahf> i am going to be a bit more elaborate on what we do in these meetings today. sometimes these meetings are VERY short (< 10 min)
17:01:19 <ahf> the first thing we have is a smaller announcement: on Thursday, let's try to do our team BBB meeting at the usual time and spend the time to say hi and talk a bit about what we are doing now that we have a new team member!
17:01:31 <ahf> so please try to avoid double booking that timeslot even though we rarely have those meetings :-)
17:01:39 <nickm> +1
17:01:53 <Diziet> Good plan
17:02:22 <ahf> let's dive into the first part here. how are folks doing with our team board: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/core/-/boards ?
17:02:47 <ahf> for the arti group, let's spend a bit of time tomorrow cleaning up in the arti-specific parts of the board state tomorrow in the arti sync
17:02:51 <nickm> I need to close out a lot of small pending stuff to make room for onion services: either by doing it or deferring it.
17:03:45 <Diziet> I have a couple of tickets in "Doing" that probably ought not to be and the things I'm doing aren't in Doing.  So, err, sorry...
17:03:49 <nickm> (Some of the stuff on the team board is still labeled ~Q4; we should probably fix that)
17:03:57 <Diziet> ahf: Good idea...
17:04:19 <ahf> mbeth: generally in the board above you can see what some of the labels we use in Gitlab are being used for. normally the as things move closer towards the right, the closer it is to being done. the stuff in "Open" (that is unlabeled) is usually stuff i need to triage first and then later we can look at whether it needs to go into our roadmaps
17:05:02 <ahf> yeah, it would be nice if people can take a look at their ~Q4 issues and see if some of them need to be ignored for now or need to be moved into Q1
17:05:13 <nickm> "Icebox" means "who knows when we will do this? not soon."
17:05:29 <ahf> i think arti folks are mostly impacted by this. sponsor 61 tasks are likely less impacted by this and the change there will be more cosmetic
17:06:45 <ahf> okay, very good. it doesn't look too bad on the board, and the arti stuff we can dive into together tomorrow
17:06:46 <ahf> ok!
17:06:51 <Diziet> (We had a lot of stuff that we put in Q4 for pluggable transpoprt support etc.)
17:06:59 <ahf> dgoulet is out today, so no updates on Tor releases and such
17:07:04 <ahf> (c tor releases)
17:07:41 <ahf> we have nothing new incoming from other teams that people want us to look into or help them with
17:08:01 <ahf> no reminders, except please join our team meeting on thursday
17:08:40 <ahf> oh, and next week eta, trinity-1686a, micah and i will be at a VPN meeting in brussels with guardian project so we wont be much around except monday likely
17:08:55 <ahf> i think that is it for today's meeting except for the people who needs to stick around for the sponsor 61 parts
17:09:03 <nickm> peace all
17:09:08 <ahf> thanks for joining folks! and have a good week. mikeperry, you wanna run the s61 part?
17:09:10 <mbeth> o/
17:09:12 <Diziet> ahf: VPN mtg> Exciting!
17:09:15 <mikeperry> yeah
17:09:23 <ahf> Diziet: yeah! need to get some stuff to work there hopefully!
17:09:35 <mikeperry> so there just a couple things for s61
17:10:09 <mikeperry> juga: are you ok with https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/rdsys/-/issues/143? iirc, gaba was going to check with meskio on looking at that?
17:10:44 <GeKo> we were wondering who is finally doing the work
17:10:56 <juga> mikeperry: yes, meskio will have a look, if he doesn't manage to get time for it, i can try
17:11:01 <GeKo> it's been going from juga to meskio
17:11:16 <GeKo> but then it's been a week without any note about progress or issues
17:12:30 <GeKo> and meanwhile s112 is about to knock at the door :)
17:12:42 <mikeperry> does meskio have enough context in that ticket to understand how that api fits in with https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/onbasca/-/issues/130?
17:13:06 <mikeperry> I was a little lost myself. maybe some context info would help? or maybe meskio is just busy
17:13:07 <juga> mikeperry: i think so, otherwise i can explain more
17:13:21 <juga> oh
17:14:42 <mikeperry> GeKo: wrt S112 xfer, I left the O4 blank on the s61 report. do you (or gaba) want to write sth there about how we believe we're done and monitoring work will move to S112?
17:17:13 <GeKo> hrm
17:17:24 <GeKo> you think this is necessary?
17:17:55 <GeKo> i could write a sentence of two, sure
17:18:07 <GeKo> i gonna chat with gaba about that
17:18:37 <mikeperry> we should say something there, I think. "This activity was completed last quarter" for 4.1. For 4.2, I am a bit less sure
17:19:22 <mikeperry> other than PT scanning and that report piece, the remaining pieces are tuning for https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/analysis/-/issues/49, and conflux
17:20:18 <mikeperry> for tuning, I am running some sims to look at the effects of sscap on average cwnd. according to shadow, the average cwnd should be 550-600.. but on d2d4, it is now almost exactly the sscap
17:20:28 <mikeperry> so I am changing sscap in shadow to see if it has any effect
17:21:30 <mikeperry> once we hit 80% exit upgrade, we can try changing it on live as well, and set those other params
17:22:01 <mikeperry> for conflux, I am working on the interactions with stream blocking.. I think I am starting to converge on a solution there
17:22:15 <mikeperry> since dgoulet is out, not much point in going into that rabbithole now
17:22:25 <mikeperry> I'll chat with him later about it
17:22:32 <ahf> nice
17:23:27 <mikeperry> I think that is it, unless there's other questions
17:24:12 <ahf> i have nothingn either
17:24:17 <GeKo> not from me
17:24:26 * juga is good
17:24:31 <ahf> very nice
17:24:35 <ahf> let's call it then, thanks all <3
17:24:36 <ahf> #endmeeting