15:58:26 <donuts> #startmeeting UX Team Weekly Meeting, 24 January 2023
15:58:26 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Jan 24 15:58:26 2023 UTC.  The chair is donuts. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:58:26 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:58:28 <championquizzer> hello! o/
15:58:38 <donuts> welcome everyone :)
15:58:47 <nicob> o/
15:58:53 <donuts> the _new_ pad is here (thanks to nah): https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-ux-team-keep
15:59:04 <donuts> please add anything you'd like to discuss today to the agenda
15:59:24 <donuts> you may also update the weekly planning session while we get started :)
16:00:03 <donuts> _hold music plays_
16:00:16 <donuts> in the meantime, I'll fire through the announcements
16:00:35 <donuts> besides a couple of Tor Browser releases, we have our UX Team Priorities for 2023 session scheduled for tomorrow
16:00:48 <donuts> happening at 1800 UTC
16:00:48 <nah> o/
16:00:58 <donuts> you can see I've vandalized the pad with some notes already
16:01:29 <donuts> in addition, we've also updated the UX Team planning board on Figma
16:01:34 <donuts> https://www.figma.com/file/n4ETd0cUkcfj3KyclJQnt3/UX-Team-Planning?node-id=0%3A1
16:02:07 <donuts> I'm sure there are projects TBC for Qs 3-4 that we don't know about yet, so I'm hoping to fill out those sections more tomorrow
16:02:19 <donuts> if there's anything missing, please add it to both the pad and the board
16:02:39 <donuts> the team kanban should also be up to date: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/boards?scope=all&label_name[]=UX%20Team
16:02:58 <donuts> if you spot anything on your boards that still as a ~Q4 label attached, please go ahead and update that
16:03:10 <donuts> although I think we've got most of them already
16:04:26 <donuts> how's everyone doing with the weekly planning section/
16:04:27 <donuts> ?
16:04:34 <nah> i'm good
16:04:38 <donuts> great
16:04:42 <nicob> i need another moment
16:04:49 * championquizzer is good too
16:04:50 <donuts> no prob
16:06:05 <nicob> ok am good
16:06:10 <donuts> awesome
16:06:18 <donuts> okay I think it's just me who has items in bold
16:06:31 <donuts> I've already talked about the first one, so I'll just skip straight to the second
16:07:09 <donuts> we're planning on adding a Product Design contractor to the team on a temporary basis to help with the crunch
16:07:16 <nah> \o/
16:07:22 <championquizzer> v nice!
16:07:23 <nah> team is growing!
16:07:24 <donuts> quick update: we're just waiting on the particulars from HR before the job post can be uploaded and made live
16:07:25 <nah> :D
16:07:29 <nicob> woo! \o/
16:07:38 <donuts> this ticket is confidential, but you can find the draft here: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/tpo/-/issues/362
16:07:48 <donuts> (it probably doesn't need to be confidential, but whatever)
16:08:10 <donuts> in terms of process, I plan on updating the job-ux@ email alias to point to the ux-team for now
16:08:23 <donuts> I'll then triage the folios that come in, but feel free to shout if there are any that catch your eye
16:08:51 <donuts> we'll then select a few applicants for a folio presentation and interviews with the wider team, panel TBC, and take it from there
16:08:58 <donuts> any Qs? :D
16:09:27 <nah> sounds good to me
16:09:30 <nicob> none from me! v excited the team is growing :)
16:09:36 <donuts> same!!
16:09:47 <donuts> okay I think it's over to championquizzer then
16:09:56 <championquizzer> thanks
16:10:13 <donuts> what's broken this week championquizzer :D
16:10:33 <championquizzer> looks like the update to 12.0.2 has been very good!
16:10:51 <championquizzer> no issues reported
16:11:27 <donuts> fantastic
16:11:40 <championquizzer> update wrt to support work with users in china, there has been a spike in private bridge requests
16:11:55 <championquizzer> which is kind of expected this time of the year
16:12:18 <donuts> sorry, why is it expected?
16:12:50 <championquizzer> lunar new year which i believe is a long holiday
16:13:45 <donuts> right, I wondered if that was why
16:13:57 <championquizzer> i find that a lot of folks are still using older versions of TB
16:14:11 <donuts> on desktop or android? or both?
16:14:25 <championquizzer> although seems like updating and using the private bridges we share is working
16:14:29 <nah> championquizzer: based on the use of connection assist?
16:14:36 <championquizzer> donuts: desktop specifically
16:14:47 <donuts> oh hrm
16:15:06 <championquizzer> nah: a couple of users have reported connection assist is working!
16:15:13 <nah> nice :)
16:15:14 <donuts> do the versions they're running precede connection assist?
16:15:26 <donuts> the ones requested private bridges with older versions, i mean
16:15:41 <championquizzer> donuts: yep
16:15:43 <donuts> *who
16:15:44 <donuts> got it
16:15:47 <donuts> makes sense
16:15:52 <nah> yep
16:16:36 <donuts> on a related note, we got a no cost extension for S96 last quarter I believe, so we'll be aiming to port connection assist to Android around Q3/4 this year
16:16:46 <donuts> exact timings TBC
16:16:52 <championquizzer> awesome
16:17:28 <donuts> ty for the updates championquizzer ^^
16:18:03 <championquizzer> donuts: quick q, the up-to-date release calendar for TB is still this one, right? https://nc.torproject.net/apps/calendar/p/Dy5spytzmYoJPieT/dayGridMonth/now
16:18:25 <donuts> yep, that's correct!
16:18:33 <championquizzer> ack. thanks!
16:19:38 <donuts> np!
16:19:46 <donuts> okay it looks like this is gonna be a short one today
16:20:04 <donuts> anything else anyone would like to discuss before i put the bot to sleep?
16:20:33 <donuts> i hear crickets
16:20:38 <championquizzer> one thing
16:20:40 <donuts> ooo
16:20:43 <donuts> just snuck in there
16:21:09 <championquizzer> i believe there is a conflict in schedule for next week with the team meeting and the workshop
16:21:45 * donuts checks the calendar...
16:22:11 <donuts> what workshop championquizzer?
16:22:16 <donuts> oh the GFW?
16:22:27 <championquizzer> yes!
16:22:39 <donuts> aha well spotted!
16:22:53 <donuts> we can probably just skip next week unless anything pressing comes up
16:23:17 <donuts> if needed, we always have our 1:1s
16:23:25 <donuts> sound good folks?
16:23:27 <championquizzer> sgtm
16:23:31 <nicob> sounds good
16:23:33 <nah> yes
16:24:04 <donuts> \o/
16:24:04 <donuts> in that case
16:24:06 <donuts> have a good week everyone!
16:24:13 <donuts> #endmeeting