16:00:23 <donuts> #startmeeting UX Team Weekly Meeting, 14 February 2023
16:00:23 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Feb 14 16:00:23 2023 UTC.  The chair is donuts. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:23 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:37 <donuts> pad is here, as usual: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-ux-team-keep
16:00:56 <donuts> please take 5 mins to add your agenda items, announcements, updates etc. and then we'll get started
16:04:25 * donuts plays hold music
16:06:08 <nah> done
16:06:17 <championquizzer> same
16:06:28 * nicob is done
16:07:11 <donuts> lovely
16:07:16 * donuts checks the pad
16:07:46 <donuts> Nothing in bold?
16:07:56 <donuts> I don't really have any updates this week either, so it's gonna be a quick one :D
16:08:36 <donuts> one quick thing: I got confirmation about the details I was waiting for re: the product designer job yesterday
16:08:54 <donuts> I need to iterate on the requirements a little since it's a contract position, and so they need to be more specific
16:09:01 <donuts> but that's the only thing holding us up for now
16:09:10 <nah> nice :)
16:09:15 <donuts> it should be up by next week I imagine
16:09:17 <nicob> awesomeee
16:09:26 <championquizzer> very nice!!
16:10:05 <donuts> okay over to you championquizzer, any updates this week?
16:10:13 <donuts> i'm curious about that support ticket
16:10:18 <championquizzer> yes, thank you
16:10:42 <championquizzer> circling fback from our discussion last week about interfacing with bridge addresses on user end
16:10:46 <championquizzer> *back
16:11:07 <championquizzer> we have now added bridge-mojis to the bridge addresses we share on our support channels
16:11:29 <donuts> that's great
16:11:30 <championquizzer> 1) this would give us some feedback about the concept of bridge-moji itself
16:11:54 <championquizzer> 2) also helps in determining if user's having a lot of issue copying and pastring bridge lines
16:12:03 <championquizzer> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/support/-/issues/40107
16:12:37 <championquizzer> let's see how it goes
16:12:39 <donuts> I wonder if we can create something more visual to demonstrate their use
16:12:45 <donuts> and maybe add that to tb-manual
16:13:06 <donuts> like a simple graphic showing someone comparing the bridge-moji in TB to match up with the emoji they were given
16:13:21 <donuts> IKEA style, no words needed :D
16:13:25 <championquizzer> donuts: i think that's a good idea
16:13:33 <championquizzer> esp. since we have the offline manual now
16:13:36 <nicob> :eyes:
16:13:40 <nah> great idea!
16:13:50 <donuts> expect a fun ticket coming your way soon nicob lol
16:13:57 <nicob> hehe yay I love ikea
16:14:13 <championquizzer> something we can add here: https://tb-manual.torproject.org/bridges/
16:14:19 <donuts> yes exactly!
16:14:36 <donuts> also, we're adding an extra link alongside the bridge-moji that's intended to link here too
16:14:41 <donuts> let me dig out a visual...
16:15:20 <donuts> https://www.figma.com/file/RS584DcR4emXrw1F8g3l5x/Tor-Browser-12.5?node-id=1%3A2&t=hA3FptFK2glAxvHq-1
16:15:24 <donuts> you can see it here
16:15:48 <donuts> inb4 what are thooooose
16:16:22 <nicob> loool
16:16:52 <championquizzer> :D
16:17:13 <donuts> okay so we'll gather more feedback from user support, more feedback from S30 user research, and then hopefully figure out what the heck to do with these things :D
16:17:55 <championquizzer> great. hopefully we will get some feedback about this
16:18:01 <championquizzer> i'll keep you all posted
16:18:23 <donuts> ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค ๐Ÿ‘
16:18:35 <nah> it's nice that the bridge-moji is localized to spanish already :)
16:18:54 <nah> puente-moji!
16:19:05 <donuts> haha excellent!
16:19:07 <donuts> <3
16:19:08 <nicob> <3
16:19:19 <championquizzer> oh one question about this
16:20:03 <championquizzer> when you hover the cursor over the bridge-mojis it's gives the name (in text) of the corrsponding emoji
16:20:08 <donuts> yep
16:20:16 <championquizzer> is this text localized?
16:20:22 <championquizzer> on non-en TBs
16:20:36 <donuts> shouldn't be
16:20:45 <championquizzer> right
16:20:45 <donuts> unless it was added accidentally to the pipeline
16:21:08 <richard> iirc they are localized
16:21:10 <richard> one sec
16:21:11 <nah> it's not
16:21:17 <nah> at least on mine
16:21:32 <richard> hmm, i thought they at least used to be
16:21:38 <donuts> yeah mine are all in EN
16:22:00 <championquizzer> i am asking because for our support templates we have added something like: the bridge-moji should be: ๐Ÿงขโ˜Ž๏ธ๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿงฒ (billed cap-telephone-tractor-magnet)
16:22:20 <championquizzer> so if emojis are not rendered by user's email client, they can still verify with the text
16:22:25 <donuts> i assume we're using the unicode names? richard?
16:22:42 <richard> the tooltip is localized (in dutch at least)
16:22:46 <donuts> huh
16:24:01 <richard> i can confirm but iirc the bridge emojii should have gotten localization for 'free' somehow
16:25:25 <donuts> I always thought the unicode shortnames were in EN only
16:25:30 <donuts> but are they also localized?
16:26:18 <richard> ah yeah, so the emojii people have a list of translations for each emojii
16:26:27 <richard> that we import to bridgemoji-annotations.json
16:26:28 <donuts> riiight okay, that makes sense
16:26:45 <richard> if they aren't being localized in some branch it is def a bug
16:26:45 <donuts> presumably some languages must use EN regardless then?
16:26:49 <richard> in some locale*
16:26:50 <donuts> oh okay
16:26:55 <donuts> ES was all in english for me
16:27:09 <nah> same
16:27:09 <donuts> did you look at ES or PT nah?
16:27:15 <nah> ES
16:27:33 <richard> ok can repro
16:27:53 <richard> i'll file a bug
16:28:13 <donuts> I quickly checked FR and it's localised
16:28:15 <donuts> ty richard
16:28:36 <donuts> okay I guess that answers your question then championquizzer
16:28:44 <championquizzer> thanks richard :)
16:28:52 <championquizzer> yes!
16:29:21 <championquizzer> i will add the localized names as well as most of the users we share these bridges are likely on non-en TBs
16:29:29 <donuts> right
16:29:38 <championquizzer> donuts: nah: thanks for testing!
16:29:51 <donuts> sure thing!
16:29:54 <championquizzer> that's all from me. passing the mic back to donuts
16:30:18 <donuts> ty championquizzer!
16:30:21 <nah> :)
16:30:34 <donuts> okay I think we're good to call it early this week, unless anyone has anything else they'd like to discuss?
16:31:02 <nah> btw, portuguese is also in EN
16:31:16 <nah> nothing else from me
16:31:21 <nicob> all good
16:31:27 <donuts> groovy
16:31:35 <donuts> have a good week everyone!
16:31:39 <donuts> #endmeeting