16:01:22 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 03/06/2023
16:01:22 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar  6 16:01:22 2023 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:01:22 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:01:40 <GeKo> our pad is at http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep
16:01:43 <GeKo> as usual
16:01:43 <ggus> hello o/
16:02:02 <GeKo> if you have stuff to discuss please add it and mark it bold
16:02:06 <GeKo> hi hi
16:02:18 <GeKo> i guess i can start
16:02:29 <GeKo> ggus: so the eol dance ofr 0.4.5.x is starting
16:02:41 <ggus> oh noo >.<
16:02:45 <GeKo> in fact i plan to do so early next week prob on monday
16:03:12 <GeKo> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/issues/291 is the ticket to track
16:03:17 <GeKo> yeah, no fun
16:03:21 <juga> hi
16:03:29 <GeKo> but on the positive side we are left only with 0.4.7 :)
16:03:42 <GeKo> so another eol series soon is highly unlikely :p
16:04:02 <ggus> GeKo: i'm worried about removing 0.4.5 bridges. :(
16:04:23 <GeKo> well, we can deal with those like we did for the 0.4.6 ones
16:04:39 <GeKo> giving them extra time if needed
16:05:19 <ggus> the bridge pool didn't recover from the 0.4.6 loss. and i'm seeing that we have 300+ running 0.4.5
16:06:22 <juga> ggus, GeKo maybe the changes to rdsys has soamething to do there?
16:06:43 <GeKo> what do you mean?
16:07:15 <juga> that maybe there're less bridges cause of rdsys, but i don't know well how you look at that
16:08:05 <GeKo> well, i don't think so
16:08:20 <juga> ok, just in case
16:08:35 <GeKo> i think ggus meant the drop on 02/10 or so which was caused by us dropping 0.4.6 bridges
16:08:38 <GeKo> yeah
16:08:51 <juga> k
16:09:15 <GeKo> ggus: either way, i think starting with the relay is a good time now-ish
16:09:50 <GeKo> next week will be like 1mo after eol and then we usually given folks like 4-5 weeks or so to upgrade after we tried to reach them one by one
16:10:19 <GeKo> so, maybe begin of may or may we'd start rejecting relays earlierst
16:10:23 <GeKo> *earliest
16:10:35 <ggus> sounds good
16:10:42 <GeKo> and we could at that point revisit how the bridge landscape looks like
16:10:47 <GeKo> so, plenty of time
16:10:49 <GeKo> okay
16:11:50 <GeKo> so, do we have any non-s61 and non-s112 issues to talk about
16:11:52 <GeKo> ?
16:11:53 <ggus> GeKo: i wonder if we should announce somewhere or remind people that installing directly from debian (apt install tor) won't give you an up to date tor or a tor that works...
16:12:06 <GeKo> for both sponsors we have dedicated bbb meetings this week
16:12:20 <GeKo> no need to to handle them now
16:12:38 <GeKo> ggus: hrm
16:15:03 <GeKo> maybe but isn't that already the case for ubuntu e.g.?
16:15:42 <GeKo> and i can imagine that a bunch of potential relay operators would use/are using ubuntu to begin with
16:16:39 <GeKo> even the latest lts there ship :(
16:16:53 <GeKo> but, sure, we can think about what to do
16:17:15 <GeKo> maybe debian is faster with the bookworm release than we with eol handling and then all is good :)
16:17:43 <GeKo> alright. anything else for today?
16:18:32 * hiro is groot
16:18:38 * juga is good
16:18:45 <GeKo> everyone seems to be happy, nice
16:18:56 <GeKo> then have a nice week everyone o/ #endmeeting
16:19:01 <GeKo> #endmeeting