15:59:58 <donuts> #startmeeting UX Team Weekly Meeting, 7 March 2023
15:59:58 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Mar  7 15:59:58 2023 UTC.  The chair is donuts. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:58 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:00 <donuts> welcome welcome
16:00:11 <donuts> here's the pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-ux-team-keep
16:00:20 <donuts> please add anything you'd like to discuss today to the agenda
16:00:34 <donuts> otherwise feel free to update the weekly planning section :)
16:01:10 <donuts> We don't have any announcements today besides the publication of the Global South Strategy report
16:01:23 <donuts> which you can read more about here: https://blog.torproject.org/furthering-our-mission-in-the-global-south/
16:01:34 <championquizzer> \o/
16:01:45 <nicob> ooh awesome
16:02:03 <donuts> there might be a group presentation about this at an all-hands in the near future too ^^
16:02:22 <donuts> also, nah is AFK until Thursday
16:02:31 <donuts> okay that's it – lmk when you're done with the pad!
16:07:17 <nicob> okay am done
16:07:21 <championquizzer> me too!
16:07:33 <donuts> okay great
16:07:36 * donuts checks the pad...
16:08:58 <donuts> nicob: looks like you're being kept busy with misc comms tasks and the annual report :P
16:09:18 <nicob> yeah a bit lol. is there anything else i should be prioritizing though?
16:10:09 <donuts> we need to do some work on the outreach materials for S9 Phase 6 – I think last time we chatted about that you were going to do a little exploration for print materials
16:10:20 <donuts> did you ever get the chance to do that?
16:10:27 <donuts> if not no worries, I'll start putting tasks in tickets instead
16:10:42 <nicob> I haven't! okay thank you
16:11:20 <donuts> ack
16:11:32 <donuts> okay looks like it's over to you then championquizzer ^^
16:11:37 <championquizzer> thanks
16:12:00 <championquizzer> report for feb: https://forum.torproject.net/t/tor-project-joydeeps-monthly-status-report-for-february-2023/6811
16:12:18 <championquizzer> definitely the highlight of the month is the new whatsapp support channel!
16:12:29 <donuts> \o/
16:12:32 <donuts> how's it going so far?
16:12:55 <championquizzer> is going good. steady amount of tickets!
16:13:11 <nicob> niceee
16:13:35 <championquizzer> also great we mentioned about verifying support channels on the blog post
16:13:49 <donuts> yesss
16:14:13 <championquizzer> we have got a few pings to verify that this was the genuine channel on whatsapp indeed :D
16:14:28 <championquizzer> big shoutout to nicob for all the cool graphics!
16:14:38 <nicob> <3
16:15:19 <donuts> that's great to hear
16:15:25 <championquizzer> i finally got to remove the android upload bug from 'known Tor Browser issues' last month
16:15:34 <championquizzer> which is great :P
16:15:46 <championquizzer> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/manual/-/issues/139
16:17:19 <championquizzer> everything else I think we have discussed during our weekly check-ins, but let me know if any questions!
16:17:42 <donuts> So I saw, all thanks to a volunteer for discovering the issue!
16:18:25 <championquizzer> oh yes!
16:18:34 <donuts> although the underlying cause was never identified iirc
16:19:17 <donuts> I don't have any questions this week, thanks championquizzer!
16:21:06 <donuts> since we have some time left, I can give a quick update about ongoing and upcoming usability testing
16:21:43 <donuts> S9 partners based in east africa are currently collecting feedback about the content and design of snowflake.torproject.org
16:22:09 <donuts> nah also onboarded four additional partners in the same region last week to test the prototype of the redesigned download page
16:23:23 <donuts> we're hoping to launch the diary study for S96 with the help of another partner this month too, although there's some work remaining there
16:24:21 <donuts> ALSO, for S30, nah will be conducting usability testing for orbot, tails and tor browser for desktop in two countries in LATAM in March and April
16:25:02 <championquizzer> exciting!
16:25:09 <nicob> busy testing time!!
16:25:10 <donuts> those tests will focus on the usability improvements being made to tor browser alpha under S30, including the new circuit display, streamlined downloads ux, and misc improvements to connection settings
16:25:54 <donuts> that work is still ongoing, but you can view the full list of fixes here: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/milestones/29
16:27:00 <donuts> in the meantime, I'm running around trying to get product things lined up for all these tests 🥲
16:27:27 <donuts> okay, that's it from me I think
16:27:33 <donuts> is there anything else anyone would like to share today?
16:28:14 <championquizzer> donuts: thanks for the updates!!
16:28:30 <nicob> thanks donuts!! I think I'm good over here
16:29:08 <donuts> ok cool, have a good week everyone!
16:29:09 <donuts> #endmeeting