14:59:16 <richard> #startmeeting Tor Browser Weekly Meeting 2023-03-13
14:59:16 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar 13 14:59:16 2023 UTC.  The chair is richard. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:59:16 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:59:19 <richard> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:00:00 <dan_b> o/
15:00:55 <richard> hello everyone
15:01:31 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> Hopefully everyone found their way here given the DST change in the US
15:01:39 <richard> clocks have changed in the US, but I don't think this affects anyone here atm
15:01:56 <PieroV> richard: you forgot donuts
15:02:00 * Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m] is in the US, but found my way here anyway
15:02:01 <richard> so if that's the case y'all ok with keeping this time going forward?
15:02:04 <richard> oh right! donuts
15:02:16 <donuts> o/
15:02:30 <richard> is this time ok for you still donuts? ;D
15:02:34 <donuts> I have indeed been retimed
15:02:34 <dan_b> interesting, I actually set my google calendar to Toronto -5 when I got to colombia, so my google calendar moved an hour without me. picking hte right timezone is important
15:02:42 <donuts> richard: yep it's A-OK, thanks ^^
15:02:57 <PieroV> In any case, I think this channel is busy in all other slots
15:02:58 <richard> ok
15:03:06 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> richard: I'm totally fine with following UTC
15:03:15 <richard> same :)
15:03:20 <dan_b> and these times are better for me too when i get back. means vancouver is an hour closer to y'all
15:03:27 * boklm is fine keeping the same UTC time
15:03:33 <PieroV> +1
15:03:36 <richard> ok then
15:04:18 <richard> ok I don't have anything specific to talk about this meeting
15:04:33 <richard> so just update your pad per usual and we can move onto discussion points
15:04:58 <richard> boklm: that's a good idea re rebase tor-brwoser-build-s131
15:05:35 <richard> I've been cherry-picking commits over from main as i've been doing testbuilds, but I can integrate a regular rebase into that workflow
15:06:11 <PieroV> Maybe we could check if there's anything needed on the other way, too
15:06:18 <boklm> I think it would be useful to regularly rebase, and will avoid conflicts when we finally merge to the main repo
15:06:18 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> Doesn't affect me, but to the extent my opinion matters, +1 on rebasing it periodically
15:06:45 <richard> agreed +1s all around
15:06:55 <richard> donuts: looks like you've got some stuff for S30 so I'll hand it to you
15:07:13 <donuts> hello, yep was just updating the pad
15:07:36 <donuts> So the first of two rounds of usability (re)testing for S30 happens this Friday in Ecuador
15:07:56 <donuts> we'll need a Nightly build ready for Thursday to support that pleast
15:07:56 <donuts> *please
15:08:05 <donuts> alongside a list of the S30 changes that made it into that Nightly
15:08:22 <richard> ok
15:08:30 <donuts> we have another round of usability testing happening in Mexico next month, so anything that doesn't make it into nightly this week can be tested then instead
15:09:22 <donuts> ideally, the nightly would be ready by Thursday AM so Nah can test it on their local machine and give you a heads up if there are any major issues
15:09:33 <richard> dan_b: can you handle this? eg get a changelog of the work you and henry-x have been doing for s30 and making a torbrowser nightly?
15:09:55 <dan_b> oh I don't think I've offically built a nightly before? awesome
15:10:07 <richard> building shoudl be easy enough, there's a makefile target
15:10:19 <richard> torbrowser-nightly-linux-x86_64 or something like that
15:10:21 <dan_b> right
15:10:23 <dan_b> perfect
15:10:46 <dan_b> I just do that on build05, put hte results into my ~/public_html, then anything else?
15:10:55 <boklm> donuts: what OS will you use?
15:11:16 <dan_b> as for colelcting s30 changes, look at all the s30 issues/closed merged from now till how long ago?
15:11:34 <richard> dan_b since 12.0a4
15:11:43 <dan_b> cool
15:11:44 <donuts> boklm: Nah's going to be bringing both her macbook (M1) and linux machine (not sure what distro) – richard mentioned linux would be easier to build for?
15:12:12 <boklm> yes, macos will probably require signing to work, so linux is easier
15:12:27 <donuts> cool, linux it is then :)
15:12:37 <richard> hopefully the changes have been linked to the relevant release prep issue, but you can look at the tor-browser-102.8-* changelog since the base-browser tag to see if we've missed anything
15:12:53 <PieroV> Would any recent nightly work?
15:13:12 <richard> PieroV: depends on if any more s30 work gets in this week
15:13:34 <dan_b> i might be able to get my current one in, the download pane one we were talking about friday night
15:13:49 <richard> though I suppose realistically speaking we should put a hold on merging anything else into alpha while the 109 rebase is in process
15:13:51 <boklm> I think latest nightly failed to build, not sure if we fixed that yet
15:14:07 <PieroV> boklm: only Android and base-browser failed
15:14:10 <PieroV> I've fixed Android
15:14:29 <PieroV> I think base-browser is because I've merged some stuff to 102.9 for base-browser, and to 102.8 for Tor Browser
15:14:32 <donuts> the more we can squeeze in this week the better please, nah is physically traveling to do this testing in-person so we want to make the most of it
15:14:39 <ma1> dan_b, let me know if you still need help with that layout.
15:14:50 <dan_b> sure thanks!
15:14:53 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> boklm: the Linux Nightly for March 13 works fine (running it in production on one machine)
15:14:53 <boklm> ah yes, only base-browser
15:15:42 <richard> ok i'm 95% finished with the 102.9 rebase for tor-browser alpha
15:16:18 <richard> i'll tag a build1 for the march release and we can get any subsequetn UI fixes for s30 in for nightlies
15:16:51 <PieroV> Should we wait to cherry-pick part 1 and 2 of tor-browser#41668?
15:17:15 <PieroV> Or should we cherry-pick them, but just tag before them?
15:18:29 <richard> yeah i'm in the process of finishing up the merge conflicts for those patches :D
15:18:36 <richard> if i'm understanding this correctly
15:20:41 <richard> ok anything else for this week?
15:21:03 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> Nothing on my end
15:21:13 <PieroV> Not from me
15:21:15 <donuts> nothing from me, ty
15:21:22 <ma1> I'm fine
15:21:23 <richard> ok
15:21:26 <dan_b> i m clear
15:21:31 <richard> have a good week everyone o/
15:21:33 <richard> #endmeeting