17:04:57 <ahf> #startmeeting Network team meeting, 20 March 2023
17:04:57 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar 20 17:04:57 2023 UTC.  The chair is ahf. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:04:57 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:04:58 <ahf> hello hello
17:05:02 <ahf> sorry for the delay
17:05:05 <ahf> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2023.1-keep is our pad
17:05:08 <nickm> no problem!
17:05:13 <Diziet> Welcome :-)
17:05:23 <ahf> thank you
17:05:29 <ahf> how are folks doing with their boards?
17:05:38 <ahf> https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/core/-/boards
17:05:47 <nickm> (It's a good sign about your usual punctuality when people start asking questions when you're 2 minutes late...)
17:05:48 <Diziet> IHNI, I am catching up on todos and reviews and ffi/rpc discussions
17:06:20 <ahf> nickm: haha, yeah - i even got a text from micah when i was trying to get my mobile modem to boot
17:06:56 <nickm> i have a todo item to make my kanban reflect reality... so um. :)
17:07:04 <Diziet> lol
17:07:41 <ahf> okay, i don't spot anything entirely off
17:07:59 <ahf> dgoulet: anything on C tor we need to think of?
17:08:18 <dgoulet> not at the moment ... we are merging and Conflux-ing
17:08:25 <dgoulet> no release anytime soon
17:08:35 <ahf> \o/
17:08:36 <ahf> very nice
17:08:50 <ahf> there is a small announcement from Diziet: [Diziet 2023-03-20] Ian will be AFK fromk ~1700 UTC tomorrow 21.3.23
17:08:55 <ahf> thanks for heads up there
17:09:00 <ahf> no discussions
17:09:07 <ahf> mikeperry: you want to move to s61?
17:09:08 <Diziet> That's the Arti public bbb I think.
17:09:11 <mikeperry> ok
17:09:20 <Diziet> So, err, we might want to reschedule it ?
17:09:22 <nickm> small one for me: I'll be afk wednesday morning for a doctors appt
17:09:32 <ahf> Diziet: ah, right, those two collides there - i am not sure if we want to reschedule when the meeting is public :-/
17:09:39 <Diziet> Yes.
17:09:42 <ahf> Diziet: maybe you and nick can do a checkin after if needed?
17:09:52 <Diziet> Sorry for the short notice.  I only found out middle of last week when I was AFK
17:10:07 <Diziet> ahf: Yes, that would be a good idea.
17:10:38 <nickm> maybe on thurs or next tues, diziet gabi and I can talk about next directions in arti onion services?
17:10:39 <ahf> excellent, you and nick can talk after the meeting to see if there was anything there
17:10:46 <ahf> nickm: sounds good
17:10:50 <gabi> sgtm
17:10:52 <Diziet> nickm: Sure
17:10:57 <ahf> mikeperry: go loco
17:11:10 <mikeperry> so last week dgoulet and I spent quite a bit of time investigating a weird protocol interaction between ssh and conflux, where scp transfers could stall by not sending a success message.. on the way, we fixed a couple bugs, and that improved things, but we need to do more investigation this week. we've also got an assert to fix from a shadow run
17:11:45 <ahf> cool
17:11:51 <mikeperry> so most likely we will be deep in that. goal is to get full shadow runs completing asap
17:13:08 <jnewsome> mikeperry: I successfully reserved a chameleon cloud runner for next week since that's now the planned move time for our "verylarge" runner
17:13:17 <mikeperry> but other than the stalls and that assert, stability is looking good. we've got test coverage of the most sensitive bits, and plans to add some more.. integration tests, chutney, asan, etc all green
17:13:31 <mikeperry> jnewsome: ah I did not see that update yet. thank you
17:14:41 <mikeperry> dgoulet: I should be able to work on that assert fix after this meeting, but maybe should run it by you on bbb or sth
17:14:50 <dgoulet> excellent
17:14:57 <dgoulet> lets BBB after this
17:15:47 <mikeperry> juga,GeKo: how are things in onbrisca and onbasca testing land? do we have the ability to look at the sets of bridges below the ratio to see if they are stable, for onbrisca?
17:16:08 <juga> GeKo: around?, want to answer?\
17:16:49 <juga> so far looks like only 2% of the bridges measuared are below the ratio
17:17:05 <juga> meskio is going to up the threshold
17:17:12 <mikeperry> that's good. checking to see if they change a lot or not might be a good plan
17:17:47 <juga> percentage is not changing much, do you mean to look at individual bridges
17:17:48 <juga> ?
17:18:12 <juga> so far we don't have some automatic way, would need to look at the logs, but that's doable
17:18:17 <mikeperry> yeah, like to see if it's always the same ones in that 2%, or if they vary wildly (perhaps due to bugs, or slow exits, etc)
17:18:27 <juga> go it
17:18:31 <juga> got it
17:18:54 <mikeperry> that would be a first step before raising the ratio, I think
17:19:11 <mikeperry> making sure we can at least get rid of the really slow ones reliably would be a win by itself
17:19:24 <juga> ok, i'll tell meskio to wait, he was going to wait to this meeting anyway
17:19:33 <mikeperry> ok great
17:19:44 <juga> and look at which ones are under ratio first
17:20:24 <mikeperry> ok. I am still eyeing https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/analysis/-/issues/49, esp since the ddos let up last week.. but it is sputtering again now.. so we'll see
17:20:47 <mikeperry> I think that is it for the meeting, unless there are other questions?
17:20:56 * juga is good
17:21:05 <ahf> very nice - i don't have anything else here
17:22:01 <ahf> sounds like everybody else are good too
17:22:03 <ahf> thanks all o/
17:22:04 <ahf> #endmeeting