15:59:09 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 04/03/2023
15:59:09 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Apr  3 15:59:09 2023 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:09 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:15 <GeKo> hello!
15:59:25 <hiro> o/
15:59:34 <GeKo> we our usual pad at http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep please add you entries if you have not done so already
15:59:48 <juga> o/
15:59:49 <ggus> hi
16:00:00 <GeKo> was about to ping you ggus :)
16:00:15 <ggus> i arrived 5 minutes early today!
16:00:33 <GeKo> yeah, fast meetings are faaaaaast
16:00:42 <GeKo> alright
16:01:26 <GeKo> as a PSA from my side i'll be out from thu this week including tue next week
16:01:46 <GeKo> i think there is a considerable amount of places where easter monday is a public holiday
16:02:03 <GeKo> so i'd propose to just skip next week's sync outright and not move it
16:02:11 <ggus> sounds good
16:02:15 <juga> yup
16:02:20 <GeKo> but if folks really want to sync we could move that
16:02:38 <GeKo> hiro: skipping next weeks sync sounds good?
16:03:41 <GeKo> ggus: so, eol work
16:03:53 <GeKo> you did your batch of operators, right?
16:03:59 <hiro> sounds good to me
16:04:00 <ggus> yup!
16:04:11 <GeKo> hiro: ack
16:04:28 <GeKo> ggus: i added new numbers: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/issues/291#note_2892686
16:04:58 <GeKo> so, the relays running 0.4.5.x went down significantly both cw and number-wise
16:05:33 <GeKo> did we set a deadline yet to get those still on that series bumped out?
16:05:51 <GeKo> i could see us easily doing that for relays end of april or so
16:06:24 <GeKo> for bridges: should i pick up contacting operators?
16:06:45 <GeKo> i recall i did that last time at least for the large (families)
16:07:11 * ggus checking the ticket
16:08:23 <GeKo> in other news: juga and hiro: you might know that but gsoc proposal deadline is tomorrow 04/04 1800 utc
16:08:29 <ggus> GeKo: by rejecting them do you mean: blocking them and having them going back and forth with us?
16:08:47 <GeKo> and then we'll have as an org to do some ranking until april 27
16:09:21 <GeKo> ggus: yeah, rejecing by fingerprint until they have upgraded to 0.4.7 and told us about it
16:09:32 <juga> GeKo: yup, ack
16:09:48 <GeKo> we won't have a system in place this time that gets them removed automtically from the block list once they upgraded
16:10:09 <GeKo> although i'd like to have such a thing at some point
16:10:50 <GeKo> something like https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/issues/273
16:10:54 <ggus> GeKo: 400 relays is still a lot. i hope till the end of april we have less.
16:11:15 <GeKo> that's right but matches what we saw in previous eol round
16:11:18 <GeKo> s
16:11:33 <ggus> k
16:11:45 <ggus> GeKo: should we do some promotion on social media in april?
16:11:48 <ggus> i can ask pavel
16:11:59 <GeKo> yeah, some reminder again maybe
16:12:14 <ggus> ok, will write to comms.
16:12:17 <GeKo> thanks
16:12:37 <ggus> re: bridges. we can start contacting them too
16:12:39 <GeKo> should i pick up reaching out to bridge operators still on 0.4.5.x?
16:12:47 <GeKo> or should we do that later or what?
16:13:03 <ggus> let's start now
16:13:16 <ggus> do you want to split the list of operators in 2?
16:14:22 <GeKo> i'll check how large it is
16:14:28 <ggus> ok
16:14:32 <GeKo> maybe i can just do it myself and leave you alone with that
16:14:39 <ggus> cool :)
16:14:52 <ggus> GeKo: can you add to your template a link to this post? https://forum.torproject.net/t/debian-how-to-upgrade-your-relay-from-0-4-5-x-to-0-4-7-x/7120
16:15:11 <GeKo> will do
16:16:27 <GeKo> okay, we'll have the s112 sync tomorrow at 1800 utc as usual for the first tue of a month
16:16:39 <GeKo> so nothing related to that sponsor to talk about
16:16:45 <GeKo> today
16:17:00 <GeKo> but do we have anything else we should discuss instead?
16:17:31 * juga is good
16:18:16 <GeKo> ggus: all good from your side?
16:18:25 <ggus> all good, just an observation
16:18:37 <ggus> the number of exits is going up up up
16:18:43 <ggus> probably a new record
16:18:53 <ggus> because of the 4 relays per IPv4 proposal
16:18:59 <GeKo> right
16:19:04 <GeKo> that's what i was thinking
16:19:19 <GeKo> we could look at where those exits are actually coming from
16:19:43 <GeKo> but from what i saw i'd assume that's our large exit opertors using their ip space better
16:19:55 <GeKo> which would be a big win :)
16:19:58 <ggus> yes, i think so!
16:20:23 <GeKo> hiro: all good on your side, too?
16:20:40 <ggus> we finally passed the 1500 barrier to 2k exit nodes :)
16:20:53 <GeKo> \o/
16:22:38 <GeKo> hearing nothing to the contrary let's close this meeting
16:23:10 <GeKo> thanks everyone and have nice week. o/
16:23:12 <GeKo> #endmeeting