15:58:24 <donuts> #startmeeting UX Team Weekly Meeting, 11 April 2023
15:58:24 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Apr 11 15:58:24 2023 UTC.  The chair is donuts. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:58:24 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:58:29 <championquizzer> hello! o/
15:58:29 <donuts> hello ux team
15:58:34 <donuts> pad is here: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-ux-team-keep
15:58:40 <donuts> I think nah will be a little late
15:58:46 <nicob> o/
15:59:08 <donuts> I don't have any agenda or announcements today, so please add anything you'd like to discuss to the pad
15:59:12 <donuts> otherwise this is gonna be a short one
15:59:25 <donuts> (which isn't a bad thing, everyone's busy)
15:59:56 <championquizzer> yeah, just added the user support report for last month to the agenda
16:00:06 <championquizzer> but don't think there's a lot to discuss :)
16:01:45 <donuts> cool! let's take 5 to update our sections atm anyway
16:04:16 <nah> o/
16:04:41 <donuts> hi nah :)
16:04:44 <donuts> we're just filling out the pad
16:04:48 <donuts> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-ux-team-keep
16:04:54 * nicob is done
16:05:42 * championquizzer too
16:05:59 <donuts> okay so I know everyone's waiting on me to review various things
16:06:05 <donuts> I'm sorry that's holding stuff up
16:06:23 <donuts> Once I get past tomorrow I'll be back on the review train 😅
16:06:34 <nicob> no worries!
16:06:46 <nah> i'm done!
16:07:16 <donuts> right now I'm in a weird place where we're still recovering from S131, working on quarterly reports, and trying to support the developers for our looming S30 dev deadline
16:07:56 <donuts> on that subject nah, we should have a clearer picture for what will get shipped as part of S30 by the end of the week
16:08:07 <donuts> (including what fixes will be available in the next Nightly for Mx)
16:08:07 <nah> on that matter, next week i'll be in MX to the usability testings
16:08:14 <nah> great! :)
16:08:25 <nah> is it still planned to be up on the 17th?
16:08:42 <donuts> yep! but some of the issue may not make it
16:08:49 <nah> i'm planning to run the activities on...friday 21st
16:08:58 <donuts> FYI any issues that are still open have been moved from the 3.5 to 3.7 milestone
16:09:00 <donuts> so are here instead: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/milestones/31
16:09:06 <donuts> although the closed issues are still in 3.5
16:09:12 <donuts> nah: okay, that's fantastic
16:09:26 <donuts> how sure are you about the 21st? I'm wondering if I can give the devs a few more days
16:09:37 <nah> completely sure
16:09:49 <donuts> okay that's good to know!
16:09:51 <nah> we are holding the whole 21st only for usability testings
16:09:51 <donuts> gaba, are you around?
16:10:18 <donuts> I'm not actually sure if I _can_ give the devs a few more days because of the code audit though, will need to check in with gaba first
16:11:04 <nah> got it -- i'll keep checking with you about it
16:11:06 <donuts> the issue I'm most doubtful about being completed in time is this one: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/41617
16:11:26 <donuts> but I can ask that the devs prioritize the string changes first, which should be easy compared to the rest
16:11:49 <nah> it would be good to test it on MX, but we would need them to be localized too
16:11:57 <donuts> right, that definitely won't happen
16:12:02 <donuts> it'll just be in EN
16:12:12 <donuts> this is another thing we should figure out as part of our new process
16:12:45 <nah> yep, particularly on s30, where all countries don't have english as their mother tongue
16:13:25 <donuts> yep yep
16:13:29 <donuts> same goes for S96 too
16:13:41 <donuts> although that should be mostly localized by now
16:14:06 <donuts> okay I think we're good to hand over to championquizzer for their updates?
16:14:14 <championquizzer> thanks
16:14:34 <championquizzer> published the user support report for march last week: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2023-April/003599.html
16:14:48 <championquizzer> this was our first complete month of whatsapp user support
16:14:58 <championquizzer> the engagement looks promising
16:15:25 <donuts> telegram still reigns supreme!
16:15:32 <donuts> but 67 tickets from whatsapp is great :D
16:15:33 <championquizzer> yeah!
16:15:58 <nicob> nice!
16:16:33 <championquizzer> most of our work is focussed on user support for users in countries where Tor is censored (as is reflected in the numbers)
16:16:40 <donuts> how are our private bridge requests trending for CN? are they about the same as usual?
16:16:42 <nah> a lot of private bridge requests from china yet
16:16:59 <donuts> yeah, I can't remember if that number was about as high last time
16:17:11 <championquizzer> donuts: the numbers seem to be high but the fdeedback is very positive
16:17:38 <donuts> okay good to know
16:19:28 <championquizzer> i think that's about it for the updates
16:20:05 <donuts> thanks championquizzer!
16:20:13 <nah> thank you championquizzer!
16:20:29 <championquizzer> one quick thing, i will be afk next tuesday so won't make it to the meeting
16:20:45 <nah> me too!
16:20:57 <donuts> no prob, thanks for the heads up :)
16:20:57 <donuts> nicob I noticed you have the annual report back on your todo list, what are the timelines like for that now?
16:20:58 <donuts> oh of course
16:21:03 <donuts> let's just cancel next week then :)
16:21:21 <championquizzer> next ux-community sync in CR i guess ;)
16:21:31 <donuts> 🙌
16:21:53 <donuts> so the next IRC meeting will be May 2nd
16:22:35 <donuts> there we go, looks like we had an announcement after all :)
16:22:48 <nah> hehe
16:23:15 <nicob> donuts yeah! I've been working on some cover art, but am waiting for content - in our last comms meeting it sounded like pavel might take some creative liberty in copy formatting - iirc they were trying to have content complete before CR. i'm estimating mid-late may right now factoring in CR but i'd like to check in with al to determine a more accurate goal date
16:23:35 <donuts> nicob: ack, thanks for the update!
16:23:56 <donuts> let's call it a day here then :)
16:24:12 <donuts> thanks everyone, have a good week o/
16:24:14 <championquizzer> thanks all :)
16:24:16 <nah> thank you!
16:24:18 <donuts> #endmeeting