14:59:14 <richard> #startmeeting Tor Browser Weekly Meeting 2023-05-08
14:59:14 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May  8 14:59:14 2023 UTC.  The chair is richard. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:59:14 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:59:22 <richard> hi everyone!
14:59:25 <richard> pad per usual: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
14:59:28 <ma1> o/
14:59:50 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> Hi!
15:00:12 <richard> if you haven't lately please check in on your gitlab boards and ensure your assigned issues are all in the right columns, etc
15:00:55 <richard> I've a couple of announcements, but nothing beyond
15:01:13 <richard> I expect to spend the rest of the day paying back my vacation email debt
15:01:29 <PieroV> (please, check also that everything you solved lately is linked to the proper Release Prep issues)
15:01:31 <richard> if there's anything that neeeds my urgent attention feel free to ping me today though
15:02:01 <richard> so if you all haven't already, please please post public notes from costa rica to the meeting wiki
15:02:21 <richard> and if there are notes that need to remain private make sure they are shared with the appropriate parties
15:03:11 <richard> and if you have not already, please have a look at the Android dev draft hiring post
15:03:41 <richard> i'm planning on sharing it a bit more broadly internally for a final sanity check before handing it off to HR
15:05:16 <richard> and in that vein, we also need to come up with a coding task for the second round
15:05:51 <richard> but mayb we should have a bbb meeting this or next week about what the interview process should be, what we want to select for, etc, etc
15:07:14 <richard> but that's all from me, happy to hand it off to other discussion points :)
15:07:56 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> boklm: what's the status on the openssl linux-arm MR? Are we able to merge it soon now that the Costa Rica chaos is over?
15:08:15 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> (wasn't sure if it's blocked on me)
15:08:47 <boklm> Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]: yes, I think it's good to merge
15:09:25 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> boklm: ok great. Do you need me to do a final rebase against `main` before you merge it, or are you able to handle that?
15:09:49 <richard> thanks for being patient with us jeremy (if it's a clean rebase the gitlab Rebase button should be able to handle it)
15:10:17 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> richard: yeah no worries, I've been able to find other coding tasks to keep me occupied while waiting :)
15:10:32 <PieroV> Speaking of tor-browser-build branches, I've setup protections for it
15:10:36 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> I think it should be a clean rebase; if manual rebasing is needed, ping me and I'll look at it
15:10:43 <boklm> ok, thanks
15:10:47 <richard> PieroV: oh similar to the tor-browser et al branches?
15:10:55 <PieroV> Now only main, maint-12.0 and maint-12.0-mullvad are writable
15:11:28 <PieroV> So, we don't risk of pushing anything to the wrong place :)
15:11:39 <boklm> good idea
15:15:55 <richard> ok, anything else before we close this?
15:16:04 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> Nothing on my end
15:16:16 <PieroV> I've started the ESR rebase
15:16:54 <PieroV> But I don't have much to say about that already, just wanted to let people know :)
15:17:12 <PieroV> I'm a little bit worried that we have a lot of issues with ~"12.5 stable"
15:17:31 <PieroV> But I don't know if we want to talk about that in this meeting
15:18:15 <richard> is the problem the labeling or that we actually need them for 12.5?
15:18:52 <richard> either way I predict a gitlab cleanup binge in my future ;)
15:19:00 <PieroV> That there are many with 12.5. One of them is refactoring about:tor, for example.
15:19:44 <PieroV> End of September for 13.0 should be a very hard deadline for us
15:20:20 <ma1> "hard" as difficult or as inflexible?
15:20:21 <PieroV> But if we are going to implement everything that is in that 12.5 stable label, 12.5 might stay out only for 4 months or less
15:20:30 <PieroV> hard as very inflexible
15:20:46 <PieroV> No more security backport
15:21:54 <richard> well the about:tor refactor isn't happening for 12.5 for sure
15:22:16 <PieroV> Okay, then a label cleanup might be needed
15:22:17 <richard> if we're following the newly proposed design to dev pipeline
15:22:30 <richard> speak of the devil
15:23:11 <richard> well i'll plan on doing a gitlab cleanup before hte next release meeting
15:23:23 <richard> and we can discuss/triag any tricky ones there
15:23:52 <PieroV> Sounds good
15:24:25 <PieroV> Also about release management, I was thinking we could add the Firefox release date in the rel prep issue
15:24:29 <PieroV> As a due date
15:24:49 <richard> wfm
15:25:37 <PieroV> I don't have anything else on my end
15:26:44 <richard> ok
15:26:59 <richard> Then have a good week everyone
15:27:00 <richard> o/
15:27:07 <Jeremy_Rand_36C3[m]> Thanks!
15:27:11 <ma1> o/
15:27:15 <PieroV> Thanks! Bye o/
15:27:42 <richard> #endmeeting