16:58:00 <ahf> #startmeeting Network team meeting 2023-05-08
16:58:00 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May  8 16:58:00 2023 UTC.  The chair is ahf. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:58:00 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:58:05 <ahf> okay, let's get going o/
16:58:17 <nickm> woo
16:58:17 <ahf> some folks are afk today for holiday/vacation
16:58:21 <ahf> our pad is at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2023.1-keep
17:00:19 <ahf> maybe it's just nickm and me here
17:00:21 <ahf> :p
17:00:29 <dgoulet> o/
17:00:33 <jnewsome> o/
17:00:42 <ahf> how are y'all doing with your boards: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/core/-/boards ?
17:01:00 <nickm> good in theory; splitting time between rpc and onions
17:01:08 <ahf> nickm: you and diziet did a pass over arti tickets in CR, right?
17:01:24 <nickm> yes, or at least the onion ones
17:01:29 <ahf> oki, very nice 👍
17:01:29 <nickm> (hi gotlou[m]!)
17:01:36 <ahf> don't see anything off on the board otherwise
17:01:39 <gotlou[m]> Hello!
17:01:50 <nickm> (gotlou[m] is doing gsoc on arti this year)
17:01:50 <ahf> dgoulet: 0.4.8 is incoming so i assume there is not much more to add there?
17:01:50 <gotlou[m]> Is this the chat for meeting links?
17:01:57 <dgoulet> ahf: correct
17:01:58 <ahf> ahhh, very nice gotlou[m]
17:02:00 <ahf> welcome!
17:02:00 <nickm> this is the meeting :)
17:02:05 <ahf> gotlou[m]: this channel is where we do our meeting
17:02:08 <dgoulet> as soon as we have a PoW merged, I'll have a better idea for the alpha date
17:02:17 <ahf> we are a bit old school, so some of our meetings are still text-only via irc
17:02:22 <ahf> dgoulet: perfect
17:02:28 <gotlou[m]> ahf, nickm: oh lol, nice
17:02:32 <ahf> ya
17:03:10 <ahf> nothing incoming from other teams
17:03:43 <ahf> we have no announcements, but we have a discussion item from jnewsome:
17:03:47 <ahf> [jnewsome, 4 May] Measuring arti in shadow and on the real network (artibench?)
17:04:00 <ahf> you wanna take on that one, jnewsome?
17:04:05 <jnewsome> oh that was for thursday; i think we're good there
17:04:17 <ahf> oh dayum, i didn't thin of that we actually did the thursday meeting there
17:04:18 <nickm> Let's pull eta into that one for thursday?
17:04:20 <ahf> i assumed it was a follow up
17:04:30 <ahf> sure
17:04:42 <nickm> oh wait it was last thursday
17:04:42 <ahf> i am just gonna change its label for 11th
17:04:47 <ahf> we technically already did this i think?
17:04:53 <jnewsome> right
17:04:58 <ahf> oki, good, i'll strike it out
17:05:27 <ahf> and then something else popped in while i was switching between browser and irc:
17:05:29 <ahf> [trinity]: dgoulet, do you need something from me on tor!698? Otherwise, could you try to find some time to review it? Update on that mr was requested during the last relay operator meetup
17:05:29 <tor> Uhm, which one of [tpo/core/debian/tor, tpo/core/tor] did you mean?
17:05:38 <ahf> core/tor!698
17:05:51 <dgoulet> I have a certain stack of things to review/merge
17:06:03 <dgoulet> rest assure, it is all in emergency mode at the moment after my April "off"...
17:06:11 <ahf> <3
17:06:27 <ahf> i can take this one i think - i know this area too
17:06:46 <ahf> marked it for 0.4.8 too
17:06:48 <ahf> excellent
17:06:52 <dgoulet> great
17:07:15 <ahf> we have nothing else for today i think - anybody who needs anything or are blocked or anything?
17:07:24 <trinity-1686a> :-(
17:07:25 <trinity-1686a> if you don't have time, it's not an urgency, but I feel like it would be good for operators to feel heard in their requests
17:07:37 <dgoulet> we'll defeinitely get it in for 048
17:08:00 <nickm> trinity-1686a: antying in particular you had in mind?
17:08:17 <nickm> or was that 698?
17:08:27 <trinity-1686a> 698
17:08:31 <nickm> ah ok
17:10:09 <ahf> trinity-1686a: we have time - it is just a lot of things are parked up right now for the big things for the release first
17:10:24 <ahf> because the big things were in a grant that ended in april, so we had to get those merged before
17:10:35 <trinity-1686a> yeah, ofc, I understand
17:10:38 <ahf> :D
17:10:59 <ahf> i'll call the meeting folks - enjoy the rest of the day!
17:11:02 <ahf> thanks all
17:11:04 <ahf> #endmeeting