15:59:00 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 05/15/2023
15:59:00 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May 15 15:59:00 2023 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:00 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:04 <GeKo> hello!
15:59:09 <GeKo> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-nethealthteam-2023-keep
15:59:12 <GeKo> is our pad
15:59:14 <hiro> o.
15:59:15 <hiro> o/
15:59:17 <mattrighetti[m]> o/
15:59:20 <mattrighetti[m]> Hi everyone!
15:59:21 <GeKo> please add items as you see fit
15:59:25 <GeKo> mattrighetti[m]: welcome!
15:59:32 <GeKo> nice to have you here
15:59:34 <hiro> welcome mattrighetti[m]
15:59:43 <GeKo> ggus: meeting time
15:59:48 <GeKo> juga: ^
15:59:53 <ggus> hello
15:59:57 <ggus> o/
16:00:01 <GeKo> wb!
16:00:51 <ggus> :D
16:01:05 <GeKo> alright
16:01:32 <juga> o/
16:01:50 <GeKo> ggus: so, i did all the bridge ops contacting for eol bridges and keeping track of new eol relays
16:02:00 <GeKo> i think it's time now to get the relays out of the network
16:02:10 <GeKo> i've prepped a commit to do so
16:02:24 <GeKo> but thought about waiting for you to push me off that cliff :)
16:02:40 <GeKo> as to the stats
16:03:11 <GeKo> it's not much difference compared to what we rejected when 0.3.5 went EOL
16:03:17 <ggus> alright!
16:03:20 <GeKo> it's about the same amount of relays and bw
16:03:24 <GeKo> which seems reasonable
16:03:41 <GeKo> even though i'd had of course hoped to have less relays to reject...
16:04:51 <GeKo> if you think that's okay, i'll push after the meeting and send a follow-up to tor-relays@
16:05:11 <ggus> it's okay, do you plan to reject new EOL relays every week then?
16:05:17 <GeKo> yeah
16:05:28 <GeKo> until the dirauths have picked up 0.4.8
16:05:41 <ggus> ok!
16:05:41 <GeKo> which will have the commit to reject those relays at the dirauth level
16:05:47 <GeKo> great
16:06:01 <GeKo> ggus: it might be useful to sync maybe tomorrow or so?
16:06:15 <GeKo> there are a bunch of things that have piled up while you were afk
16:06:25 <ggus> sure!
16:06:35 <GeKo> including the core contributors follow-up from cr and s112 stuff etc.
16:07:07 <ggus> tomorrow works for me
16:07:09 <GeKo> okay, we can do a 2 person doodle after this sync i guess :p
16:08:08 <GeKo> do we have anything else before moving on to the s112 part?
16:08:40 <ggus> i need to work on the tor relay meetup notes from april, will do this week
16:08:51 <GeKo> nice
16:08:58 <GeKo> did we say when the next meetup will be?
16:09:13 <GeKo> i don't recall anything like that
16:09:42 <GeKo> the first weekend in june does not work for me
16:09:50 <GeKo> but i could do before and after
16:10:35 <ggus> i guess we will need to do later in june
16:10:41 <ggus> in may will be difficult for me
16:11:18 <GeKo> okay
16:12:25 <GeKo> let's talk some s112
16:12:48 <GeKo> hiro: thanks for all the follow-up issues for collector#40016
16:13:06 <hiro> o/ no probs
16:13:08 <GeKo> i guess we still need to file some or go over the comments again?
16:13:27 <GeKo> or do you think you have everything accounted for?
16:13:33 <GeKo> i can take a fresh look tomorrow
16:13:40 <hiro> I was just going over all the comments
16:14:00 <hiro> I think what I can do is attach the tickets number to the comment
16:14:25 <GeKo> okay, feel free to do so
16:14:35 <GeKo> i'll have another look at that tomorrow as well
16:15:18 <GeKo> i worked on small doc fixups while i was at it and a bit at moving the proposal stuff forward for o2.2
16:15:30 <GeKo> ggus: i cc'ed you on the dirauth thread
16:15:47 <GeKo> we'll see how that cat-herding will play out...
16:16:24 <GeKo> that's all from me for s112
16:16:37 <GeKo> anything else from anybody?
16:16:45 * juga is fine
16:16:47 <GeKo> juga: wb to you as well :)
16:16:52 <mattrighetti[m]> I just wanted to give an update on network apis
16:16:55 <juga> GeKo: thanks!
16:17:13 <GeKo> juga: we could sync tomorrow as well (one day earlier) if that helps you
16:17:27 <GeKo> for planning your work and getting up-to-speed or anything
16:17:37 <juga> GeKo: wednesday as usual is fine, so is tomorrow, as you prefer
16:17:38 <GeKo> otherwise i guess wed would work as well
16:17:54 <GeKo> let's do wed then, thanks
16:18:01 <juga> GeKo: yrw
16:18:05 <GeKo> mattrighetti[m]: nice. go ahead
16:18:19 <mattrighetti[m]> I mostly read code this week, especially onionoo to see how responses are constructed from files. I've also started to do some env setup and coded a small part of the api endpoints and responses
16:18:51 <mattrighetti[m]> I'm currently waiting for pg access and I'll probably need a hand or two to understand how I can query onionoo data from the metrics tables
16:19:11 <GeKo> yeah
16:19:29 <mattrighetti[m]> I think that table attributes don't have the same name of table attributes but that shouldn't be a problem
16:19:34 <GeKo> oh, and juga is back so we could ask them to add the rust coding style stuff to our wiki :D
16:19:50 <juga> GeKo: ah, noted
16:19:50 <mattrighetti[m]> Yeah that would be great
16:19:52 <hiro> mattrighetti[m]: yes we need some mapping
16:20:22 <mattrighetti[m]> That's it from me
16:20:30 <hiro> the onionoo fields are spec-ed out, but the names with what we were parsing in metrics-library might differ
16:20:37 <hiro> we have actually an issue to address that
16:21:05 <hiro> ping me anytime you find something that needs clarification
16:21:28 <mattrighetti[m]> sure will! thanks
16:23:07 <GeKo> alright
16:23:11 <GeKo> do we have anything else for today?
16:23:23 <ggus> i'm good
16:23:35 <GeKo> as a PSA i will be out on thursday due to a pubic holiday :( :)
16:24:22 * hiro is groot
16:24:37 <GeKo> okay
16:24:46 <GeKo> thanks folks and have a nice week o/
16:24:48 <GeKo> #endmeeting