15:57:57 <meskio> #startmeeting tor anti-censorship meeting
15:57:57 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Jun 29 15:57:57 2023 UTC.  The chair is meskio. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:57:57 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:58:09 <meskio> hello all!!
15:58:11 <meskio> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
15:58:13 <meskio> feel free to add what you've been working on and put items on the agenda
15:58:19 <onyinyang[m]> hihi!
15:58:28 <meskio> I'll give some minutes so people can update the pad
15:59:10 <shelikhoo> hi~ Hi~
16:02:02 <cohosh> hi
16:04:04 <meskio> I think we can start
16:04:13 <meskio> first an announcement:
16:04:30 <meskio> after last weeks discussion rdsys is ignoring the running flag now (is already deployed)
16:04:42 <meskio> so people can host bridges without a public ORPort
16:04:59 <shelikhoo> yeah!
16:05:27 <meskio> at some point we should think on updating documentation and our docker images, but I would wait a bit to see how it goes as people experiments with it
16:05:34 <cohosh> nice :)
16:05:54 <meskio> the first discussion point is on me:
16:06:02 <meskio> do we want to activate renovate bot in snowflake?
16:06:09 <dcf1> What is the short messaging? Is it just "Add `ORPort` and `AssumeReachable 1`"?
16:06:34 <meskio> ohh, I didn't know about 'auto', nice
16:06:38 <meskio> yes, that should work
16:07:35 <shelikhoo> I think activate renovate bot should be fine, I don't have any reason against it
16:08:16 <meskio> renovate bot will automatically open merge requests every time there are new versions of used libraries in snowflake
16:08:27 <meskio> we are already using it in rdsys and conjure happily
16:08:37 <meskio> (some times it does open a bunch of merge requests, but is not too bad)
16:08:51 <meskio> I can take care of enable it, I just wanted a confirmation that we are happy with that
16:10:08 <meskio> great, I'll go ahead with that
16:10:55 <meskio> another bot I'm wondering if we want to enable is the support for stalled issues in the triage bot
16:10:56 <shelikhoo> yes...
16:11:05 <meskio> thise are the rules that TPA is using:
16:11:14 <meskio> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/tpa/triage-ops/-/blob/main/common/02-stale.yaml
16:11:42 <meskio> basically pokes you if you don't update an issue in 14 days and the issue is in 'next', 'doing', 'wneeds review' or 'needs information'
16:12:12 <meskio> and moves issues that are in needs information to icebox 14 days after that if they still don't get updates
16:12:25 <meskio> will something like that help us? or be too noisy?
16:12:43 <meskio> can be configured per repo if we want
16:13:06 <onyinyang[m]> that was my question. Might it be more appropriate for some repos rather than others?
16:13:29 <meskio> I'm not sure
16:14:04 <meskio> I (or gaba) get once in while around poking people in issues that are staying for too long in those categories, so I wanted to automatize that
16:14:16 <onyinyang[m]> could we trial it for a bit and then reassess?
16:14:25 <meskio> sure
16:14:40 <shelikhoo> yes, we might have a lot of issues stalled
16:14:57 <shelikhoo> and if it generate too much issue, we can disable it later
16:15:20 <onyinyang[m]> It might be fine if stalled issues are automatically marked as such and moved to the icebox though.
16:15:37 <onyinyang[m]> It seems like this would be helpful, but may initially increase stress XD
16:16:03 <meskio> ok, let's try it out, I can enable it for a first run just for snowflake and rdsys that are the projects with more movement and we'll see how it goes
16:16:33 <shelikhoo> yes, let's try it
16:16:39 <meskio> good
16:16:44 <meskio> anything more about bots?
16:17:01 <shelikhoo> EOF
16:17:18 <meskio> let's move on then
16:17:29 <meskio> conjure call for testers
16:17:32 <meskio> ggus: is that you?
16:18:03 <ggus> yes
16:18:30 <ggus> so, 28 days later, can we wrap up/close the call for testers?
16:18:42 <ggus> or do we want something else from our community?
16:18:48 <cohosh> i think we're good for now
16:19:01 <cohosh> we got a lot of good feedback and some testers found bugs we didn't find before
16:19:15 <onyinyang[m]> oh that's great :D
16:19:21 <cohosh> we have some work to do now on reliability and testing from our vantage points
16:19:45 <shelikhoo> yeah... testing from vantage points...
16:20:29 <shelikhoo> I will try to place it in my pipeline...
16:21:20 <ggus> cool! i'll update the forum tomorrow  :)
16:21:31 <meskio> nice
16:21:35 <ggus> thanks!
16:21:44 <cohosh> thanks ggus!
16:22:19 <meskio> anything more on that?
16:22:58 <cohosh> not from me
16:23:09 <ggus> all good
16:23:17 <meskio> in two weeks many of us will be at PETS, I think we should cancel this meeting that week
16:23:22 <meskio> I mean July 13th
16:23:36 <shelikhoo> yes, I agree
16:23:51 <meskio> and the week after many of us will also be AFK, so maybe we want to cancel two weeks here
16:25:15 <meskio> ok, I write it down also in the announcements, so we remember next week to remind it
16:25:28 <meskio> there will be meeting next week as usual
16:26:00 <onyinyang[m]> sgtm
16:26:19 <meskio> webtunnel soft release update
16:26:21 <meskio> ggus: ???
16:26:57 <shelikhoo> not from me, but I would like to comment I have already send to email to tor-relay mailing list
16:27:10 <shelikhoo> not from me, but I would like to comment I have already send the email to tor-relay mailing list
16:27:18 <meskio> :)
16:27:23 <shelikhoo> if you didn't saw it, that is because it is in moderation queue
16:27:29 <ggus> yes, very soon the user support team will start asking some folks to test the webtunnel
16:27:31 <arma2> (it got delivered)
16:27:43 <shelikhoo> yeah!
16:27:58 <meskio> nice
16:28:00 <ggus> i'll get the feedback collected in a confidential ticket
16:28:07 <shelikhoo> (thanks arma2)
16:28:29 <shelikhoo> and thank ggus for helping me with improving the email
16:28:57 <ggus> maybe i'll have some feedback for the next week ac-team meeting, but probably i'll have it for the end of month
16:29:17 <ggus> thanks for presentation and for attedning the meetup, shelikhoo and meskio !
16:29:29 <shelikhoo> ^~^
16:29:40 <shelikhoo> no problem
16:29:48 <meskio> sounds great
16:30:59 <ggus> then we can start thinking to create a public call for users to test, like we did for conjure
16:32:34 <shelikhoo> yes
16:32:49 <meskio> anything more on this topic?
16:32:54 <shelikhoo> EOF
16:33:06 <ggus> all good!
16:33:37 <meskio> there is no more points in the agenda
16:33:57 <meskio> any last topics?
16:34:54 <onyinyang[m]> nothing from me
16:35:22 <meskio> good, then let's grap it up
16:35:30 <ggus> i wish you all a good PETS! :)
16:35:35 <meskio> #endmeeting