15:59:44 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 07/03/2023
15:59:44 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jul  3 15:59:44 2023 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:44 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:58 <GeKo> our pad is over at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-nethealthteam-2023-keep
16:00:06 <GeKo> feel free to add your items if you have any
16:01:12 <GeKo> how is it going with the gsoc work?
16:01:19 <RishadBaniya[m]> i've added progress of my tool through "https://gitlab.torproject.org/rishadbaniya/erpc#features" Features at my Readme.md file
16:01:29 <GeKo> anything we should discuss here or bring up?
16:01:50 <GeKo> aha, nice
16:02:06 <RishadBaniya[m]> if you have any specific feature in mind
16:02:07 <hiro> @mattrighetti[m] not sure you have seen my updates on the ticket
16:02:20 <mattrighetti[m]> Yep I'm reading rn
16:02:48 <hiro> there might be stuff missing so do let me know
16:03:31 <GeKo> RishadBaniya[m]: i think the most important part is being able to run your tool right now
16:03:37 <mattrighetti[m]> I'm going to add more stuff tonight when I get back on the porject
16:03:41 <GeKo> that is seeing what it is doing and how it is doing it
16:03:50 <GeKo> and then we can build stuff on top of that
16:03:51 <hiro> thanks @mattrighetti[m]
16:03:56 <RishadBaniya[m]> it runs actually, im yet to document
16:04:00 <GeKo> mattrighetti[m]: nice
16:04:01 <RishadBaniya[m]> that part
16:04:04 <RishadBaniya[m]> sorry for that
16:04:18 <GeKo> oh, okay. i recall juga was saying there were missing pieces
16:04:22 <GeKo> that needed to be fixed for that
16:04:38 <GeKo> but maybe you are already past that point :)
16:04:54 <GeKo> so, yeah, then please document stuff and i can try your tool this week
16:05:04 <mattrighetti[m]> Btw I've added a guide to run the server on the dev branch, latest commit has /summary and /bandwidth working, not all filters are though
16:05:19 <RishadBaniya[m]> sure i'll document properly
16:05:27 <RishadBaniya[m]> that's the only thing missing right now
16:05:29 <RishadBaniya[m]> GeKo: yeah i've fixed it..juga had told me about that
16:05:51 <RishadBaniya[m]> there maybe few bugs, i'm still trying to identify them
16:06:24 <GeKo> RishadBaniya[m]: okay. just ping me when you think you are ready for me to test this out then?
16:06:29 <GeKo> and i can give it a go
16:06:43 <RishadBaniya[m]> Sure GeKo  :)
16:06:49 <GeKo> great
16:07:37 <mattrighetti[m]> hiro: I think it's better to just return references to vm, querying vm from the API introduces significant latency
16:07:51 <hiro> yes I think so @mattrighetti[m]
16:08:08 <hiro> we do not need all that data in the document I think
16:08:18 <hiro> and people will be able to fetch what they need
16:08:29 <mattrighetti[m]> That means that we need to diverge from onionoo responses though, we should discuss that too
16:08:45 <hiro> yes that is fine
16:10:25 <GeKo> agreed, we should document the divergencies, though
16:10:48 <GeKo> but i think it was not necessarily a 1:1 replacement anyway
16:11:36 <mattrighetti[m]> Agreed, hopefully that's going to be an improvement on top of it
16:11:47 <GeKo> yeah, that's the plan :)
16:12:15 <mattrighetti[m]> hiro: while we're at it we should create some kind of notification to make sure that prod table changes do not break the server
16:12:36 <hiro> yep @mattrighetti[m]
16:12:37 <mattrighetti[m]> For now it should not be a problem
16:12:39 <hiro> you are right
16:12:44 <hiro> I think I'll open a ticket about that
16:12:54 <mattrighetti[m]> Cool
16:14:42 <GeKo> okay
16:15:05 <GeKo> mattrighetti[m]: RishadBaniya[m]: just a gentle reminder about posting your your bi-weekly update
16:15:13 <GeKo> to our mailing lists
16:15:21 <GeKo> i still think tor-dev@ is the right one
16:15:38 <GeKo> RishadBaniya[m]: but i guess you could continue on tor-project@ if you wanted
16:15:56 <GeKo> just that our community knows what work got done in the last two weeks
16:16:15 <GeKo> and maybe what issues got hit (and resolved) and whats upcoming in the project
16:16:22 <mattrighetti[m]> GeKo: will keep that in mind, thanks :)
16:16:35 <RishadBaniya[m]> Sure, this week is going to be heavily about documentation, i will be careful to explain necessary things
16:17:36 <GeKo> great
16:17:43 <GeKo> so
16:17:52 <GeKo> nothing else on the pad is marked as bold
16:18:13 <GeKo> ggus: anything from your side for the sync?
16:18:24 <GeKo> or are you good?
16:19:09 <ggus> i'll afk next monday, and we will need to discuss the next tor meetup agenda. i know you will be afk on that date
16:19:37 <GeKo> yeah
16:19:52 <GeKo> maybe ping me some time after our all hands session this week
16:19:58 <GeKo> or whenever it suits you next week
16:20:09 <ggus> sounds good!
16:20:46 <GeKo> so for s112 just a reminder that we won't have our monthly sync tomorrow due to us independence day
16:21:12 <GeKo> but we'll have the monthly bbb meeting next week 07/11 1600utc instead
16:21:47 <GeKo> work is getting along though, which is nice
16:22:12 <GeKo> hiro: ggus: is there anything s112 related we should discuss?
16:22:29 <GeKo> we have the all hands meetings this week where we talk a bit about that
16:22:53 <GeKo> and then the only other thing i have on my plate is that we need to write the quarterly report
16:23:01 <GeKo> and i might need input from you for that task
16:23:17 <GeKo> gaba sent out the link to the pad for this quarter
16:23:28 <GeKo> feek free to add content to it
16:23:29 <ggus> i emailed the metaproposal to the mailing list, but didn't hear anything feedback. comms wants to promote it on newsletter, so i'll draft a short paragraph explaining why do we need such proposals
16:23:51 <GeKo> okay, sounds good
16:24:02 <GeKo> so we just accept that meta proposal and that's it?
16:24:07 <ggus> (dunno when the newsletter will come out though)
16:24:12 <GeKo> or what is the process here?
16:24:22 <hiro> I have to work on the presentation these days
16:24:37 <GeKo> yeah
16:24:39 <ggus> GeKo: if everybody is happy, we just push to the repo
16:25:00 <arma2> (hello, i am around, if anybody has any arma-questions)
16:25:04 <GeKo> okay. so, if we don't get feedback this week what about just pushing it?
16:25:33 <GeKo> arma2: i tagged you at https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/40817#note_2918947
16:25:39 <ggus> GeKo: sounds good
16:25:48 <GeKo> if you have input there, please note it
16:26:11 <GeKo> it might have been a poor way of covering your idea you sent to the dir-auth mailing list
16:26:14 <GeKo> not sure
16:26:18 <GeKo> ggus: ack!
16:27:13 <GeKo> i'll do presentation work to and then dive into report-writing mode  :)
16:27:36 <GeKo> we'll see if i can make progress on my https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/relays/-/issues/55
16:27:59 <GeKo> it's been a long time...
16:28:23 <ggus> after all hands presentation + merging metaproposal, i'd like to work on this: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/policies/-/issues/3
16:28:52 <ggus> i played a little bit on my gitlab space and it looks pretty nice: https://gus.pages.torproject.net/policies/governance/code_of_conduct/
16:29:08 <GeKo> +1
16:29:43 <GeKo> gosh, we still link to trac nowadays? ;)
16:30:28 <GeKo> and its brother gitweb...
16:30:38 <GeKo> either way, good idea
16:30:59 <GeKo> that's all for the meeting from my side
16:31:03 <ggus> yeah! i have this ticket for that: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/policies/-/issues/8
16:31:05 <GeKo> do we have anything else to discuss?
16:32:50 <mattrighetti[m]> I'm good
16:32:55 <GeKo> hearing nothing, well
16:33:01 * ggus is good
16:33:09 <GeKo> thanks everyone and have a nice week o/
16:33:13 <ggus> o/
16:33:13 <GeKo> #endmeeting