15:57:56 <meskio> #startmeeting tor anti-censorship meeting
15:57:56 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Aug 10 15:57:56 2023 UTC.  The chair is meskio. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:57:56 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:58:01 <meskio> hello everybody!!
15:58:04 <meskio> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
15:58:12 <meskio> feel free to add what you've been working on and put items on the agenda
15:58:37 <meskio> we might be very few people this week, as most ACT is AFK
15:58:51 <meskio> but we can keep it short if needed
15:59:02 <meskio> I'll fill up what I've done this week
15:59:02 <shelikhoow> Hello! (The session for fully encrypted traffic censor is now ongoing!)
15:59:21 <meskio> hello, nice to see you here
16:00:18 <dcf1> shelikhoow: woot
16:00:32 <shelikhoow> Hehe! dcf1
16:00:35 <meskio> how is USENIX going?
16:01:37 <ggus> o/
16:03:02 <meskio> should we start
16:03:23 <meskio> ggus has being working on migratin the webtunnel bridge operator documentation to the community portal
16:03:32 <meskio> https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/webtunnel/
16:03:36 <meskio> I think is looking good
16:03:56 <meskio> shelikhoow: when you are back feel free to have a look to it and propose changes, I did my best to review it, but you know better
16:04:27 <ggus> later i'll change the name of this page to 'obfs4 bridge': https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/bridge/
16:04:34 <meskio> nice
16:04:43 <dcf1> Oh, I see now a page on compiling from source https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/webtunnel/source
16:04:47 <dcf1> If that was there before I missed it
16:04:54 <meskio> we also need to clean up the webtunnel README and link the community documentation from there
16:05:07 <dcf1> I had tried following the instructions once before, but got stuck at the docker part because I don't know it
16:05:17 <meskio> dcf1: no, it was not there before, and it was the number 1 complain :)
16:05:47 <ggus> the 2nd complain is about apache configuration, but we can work on it later
16:06:03 <meskio> if someone wants to contribute it...
16:06:07 <meskio> I don't know much of apache
16:06:18 <meskio> we could also ask TPA, they know apache...
16:07:06 <meskio> lets move on
16:07:18 <meskio> HTTP CONNECT and MASQUE for the future of PTs
16:07:21 <dcf1> I added an item for the HTTP CONNECT for PTs discussion
16:07:32 <meskio> :)
16:07:32 <dcf1> I just wanted to add a note here about the other PT communities
16:08:06 <dcf1> I know that the efforts have increasingly diverged and historically there has not been much urge to collaborate
16:08:17 <dcf1> but I'm still hoping some bridges can be built there
16:08:31 <dcf1> or at least get design input from some other communities that have had to consider these issues
16:08:47 <dcf1> e.g. the PT 2.0 spec has a different way of passing parameters with more capacity already
16:09:01 <meskio> sure, I think we should poke them
16:09:38 <meskio> do you know if the PT working group is still regularly meeting? I stop receiving their emails (or they went to my pile of emails I fail to manage)
16:09:39 <dcf1> that's all I wanted to say
16:10:04 <dcf1> I don't know
16:10:22 <meskio> I will be around in the global gathering (the follow up of the IFF), I'll try to poke people about that and let us know we are working on this
16:10:29 <dcf1> that's great
16:10:57 <meskio> I have the impresion that might be more productive to include them once we have some more work done, as you say to do review and provide feedback, but anyway they should know we are working on this
16:11:39 <dcf1> I agree, it's more productive to have some upfront work done and then invite comment
16:11:51 <dcf1> but also just posting design progress can, I hope, help build goodwill
16:12:20 <meskio> yes, sounds good
16:12:49 <meskio> there is an issue to disscuss the new PT spec: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/team/-/issues/130
16:12:57 <meskio> anybody feel free to chime in
16:13:04 <meskio> (is it spelled chime?)
16:13:12 <dcf1> chime yes
16:13:18 <meskio> nice :)
16:13:38 <meskio> anything else on this topic?
16:13:48 <dcf1> no
16:14:12 <meskio> I see in actions there is a point on the snowflake android problem
16:14:32 <meskio> gardian project is now replying there and it looks like we should work on this ASAP
16:15:21 <meskio> but I think is fine to wait for shelikhoow to come back
16:15:34 <meskio> let's keep this point for next week's meeting :)
16:16:20 <meskio> anything else to discuss today?
16:17:39 <meskio> great, I guess that's it then
16:17:42 <meskio> #endmeeting