15:58:18 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 08/28/2023
15:58:18 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Aug 28 15:58:18 2023 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:58:18 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:58:24 <GeKo> hello everyone!
15:58:28 <rishadbaniya[m]> hello there
15:58:31 <rishadbaniya[m]> how are you all :)
15:58:31 <juga> o/
15:58:35 <GeKo> as usual
15:58:39 <GeKo> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-nethealthteam-2023-keep is our pad
15:58:39 <hiro> o/
15:58:51 <GeKo> feel free to add stuff in case you have not done so yet
15:59:04 <ggus> o/
16:00:29 <GeKo> ggus: wb!
16:00:49 <ggus> thanks! :)
16:01:12 <GeKo> rishadbaniya[m]: how are things?
16:01:29 <GeKo> did you finish all the gsoc related paperwork etc.?
16:01:38 <GeKo> or is there anything we should help you with?
16:01:42 <GeKo> "paperwork" :)
16:01:52 <rishadbaniya[m]> yes, i'll mail them after this meet
16:01:57 <rishadbaniya[m]> i've given reference
16:02:01 <rishadbaniya[m]> to the WiKi
16:02:07 <rishadbaniya[m]> is it acceptable?
16:02:29 <GeKo> what did they ask you about?
16:02:39 <GeKo> a public place documenting what you did?
16:02:52 <rishadbaniya[m]> there was a link for repo
16:02:57 <rishadbaniya[m]> i submitted the repo link
16:03:00 <rishadbaniya[m]> only
16:03:19 <GeKo> then that's fine
16:04:03 <rishadbaniya[m]> btw there are still few issues to be resolved, i still wanna work on "erpc" in the coming days, i can do that right
16:04:17 <GeKo> please do, much appreciated!
16:04:22 <juga> sure, you're very welcome
16:04:29 <GeKo> there is no need to stuff now just because gsoc is over
16:04:38 <GeKo> quite to the contrary
16:04:40 <GeKo> :)
16:05:11 <rishadbaniya[m]> thanks a lot, looking forward to contribute much more
16:05:12 <rishadbaniya[m]> in the coming days :)
16:05:35 <GeKo> awesome
16:05:47 <GeKo> alright
16:05:56 <GeKo> ggus: anything you have for syncing?
16:06:16 <GeKo> i have a whole list which would benefit from a voice call :)
16:06:29 <GeKo> maybe we can do that at some point tomorrow?
16:06:38 <ggus> GeKo: yeah, let's have a sync
16:06:53 <ggus> for the meeting: we need to figure out when we will do the next relay op meetup
16:07:00 <GeKo> okay, ping me maybe when you are around
16:07:01 <ggus> considering that i'll be busy in september
16:07:15 <GeKo> which is next week already...
16:07:25 <ggus> yes
16:07:32 <GeKo> oct 7 maybe?
16:07:55 <GeKo> i guess any of those saturdays should work for me
16:08:06 <ggus> hm, i'll be traveling to home
16:09:05 <GeKo> well, just pick one of those saturdays and it should work for me :)
16:09:12 <GeKo> 1800utc
16:09:18 <ggus> ok!
16:10:22 <rishadbaniya[m]> btw what are other projects on network health team
16:10:30 <rishadbaniya[m]> i kind of wanna look up few new ones
16:10:34 <rishadbaniya[m]> if there are any
16:10:46 <rishadbaniya[m]> want to explore them too
16:10:59 <juga> rishadbaniya[m]: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health
16:11:01 <rishadbaniya[m]> rishadbaniya[m]: that you can recommend
16:11:16 <juga> ah... i'd need to think about it :)
16:11:33 <juga> margot
16:11:48 <GeKo> hiro: could you follow up on https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/metrics/onionperf/-/issues/40069
16:11:49 <GeKo> ?
16:12:00 <GeKo> there is #40070 which we could bundle, but not sure
16:12:26 <GeKo> "follow up" just reply to mikeperry with your thoughts
16:12:39 <hiro> yeah I had already followed up with mikeperry on that but not on the ticket but yes, the time frame I gave was next week after the break to work on all onionperf issues
16:12:39 <GeKo> we can then think about the actual timeframe
16:12:48 <hiro> deploying is not an issue
16:13:00 <hiro> I am a bit worried about the new path on conflux and how that would be handled in onionperf
16:13:05 <hiro> but we need to test first
16:13:16 <hiro> and there might be some dev to do in case things are a bit messy
16:13:21 <GeKo> aha, then please update the ticket as well, so folks like me know what's going on as well :)
16:13:28 <GeKo> i see
16:13:41 <GeKo> we'll figure it out
16:14:17 <GeKo> rishadbaniya[m]: i guess it mainly depends on what you are interested in
16:14:24 <GeKo> like, should it be rust projects?
16:14:35 <GeKo> or projects we could think about converting to rust?
16:14:49 <GeKo> or could it be other languages, too?
16:15:01 <GeKo> etc.
16:15:11 <rishadbaniya[m]> converting to rust sounds fun
16:15:48 <rishadbaniya[m]> as of now, i'm experienced with rust mostly, so rust projects or converting to rust sounds good to me
16:16:42 <GeKo> we can think about that, yes
16:17:11 <GeKo> i am sure we'll find something you'll enjoy... :)
16:18:15 <GeKo> alright. do we have anything we should chat about today?
16:18:28 <ggus> GeKo: just a quick request
16:18:33 <juga> next Monday meeting?
16:18:37 <hiro> @mattrighetti[m] is afk at the moment
16:18:40 <GeKo> anyone not knowing that they could work on or should prioritize?
16:18:47 <hiro> but we should have the api deployed this week
16:18:49 <ggus> do you have a link for the evaluation criteria? this link is expired: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/policies/-/issues/2#how-new-proposals-get-added-approved-and-implemented
16:19:01 <ggus> *the nextcloud link is expired
16:19:51 <GeKo> hrm, i can dig this up. should we move it into the policies repo?
16:20:09 <GeKo> so, we don't have 404ing links?
16:21:01 <ggus> yes
16:21:13 <GeKo> hiro: ack
16:21:24 <GeKo> juga: sounds good
16:21:37 <GeKo> so, next monday there is a US holiday
16:21:48 <GeKo> and the question is whether we should sync here or not
16:21:54 <GeKo> i know that some folks are working
16:22:07 <GeKo> and others are following the US holidays...
16:22:24 <GeKo> i can skip our sync or just do it
16:22:31 <GeKo> no strong opinions here
16:22:43 <juga> i'm going to be afk from Wednesday this week, but can be back on Monday
16:22:54 <hiro> monday is part of the tpo break though
16:23:00 <ggus> i'm following the US calendar
16:23:11 <hiro> I thought we are all afk on monday
16:23:20 * juga thought that too
16:23:43 <GeKo> really?
16:23:50 <hiro> yeah Erin sent an email
16:23:58 <juga> +1
16:23:59 <hiro> from 31st to 4th included is a tpo break
16:24:01 <GeKo> aha
16:24:05 <GeKo> awesome
16:24:20 <GeKo> then this discussion is kind of moot and should get better glasses
16:24:30 <GeKo> so, yeah, no work on monday either
16:24:37 <GeKo> and thus no meeting
16:24:46 <GeKo> juga: thanks for bringing this up :)
16:24:54 <juga> GeKo: yrw :)
16:26:04 <GeKo> anything else for today?
16:26:06 <ggus> btw, our talk on the tor network health presentation and perf improvements is online: https://media.ccc.de/v/camp2023-57172-a_guided_tour_through_tor_network_health_and_performance
16:26:14 * juga is fine
16:27:26 <GeKo> hearing nothing more it seems folks are fine
16:27:36 <GeKo> thanks everyone and have a nice week!
16:27:38 <GeKo> #endmeeting