16:57:58 <ahf> #startmeeting Network team meeting 2023-08-28
16:57:58 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Aug 28 16:57:58 2023 UTC.  The chair is ahf. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:57:58 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:58:02 <ahf> hello hello, welcome
16:58:06 <nickm> o hai there
16:58:09 <jnewsome> o/
16:58:28 <ahf> pad is at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2023.1-keep
16:58:59 <ahf> wrt our board at https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/core/-/boards
16:59:10 <ahf> i did a pass over it earlier today where i closed some tickets and kanban labelled some of our tickets
17:00:15 <ahf> sorry, sarah just got a zap from something
17:00:15 <ahf> back
17:00:27 <ahf> some of those labels were wrong most likely, so feel free to reset them to some right state
17:01:19 <ahf> otherwise it looks like the board looks OK - a bit chaos from lack of triaging in the last few weeks but that is on me
17:01:57 <ahf> dgoulet is missing right now, but otherwise we had release sync
17:03:05 <ahf> backporting i'll have to talk with dgoulet about as well
17:03:26 <dgoulet> hello
17:03:28 <ahf> o/
17:03:32 <ahf> you wanna do release update?
17:04:00 <dgoulet> 048 stable was out last week but we will release a new one very soon with an important fix
17:04:22 <dgoulet> that is about it... 049 merge window is now open ofc
17:04:25 <ahf> very nice - how did the deb packaging go for this ?
17:04:38 <ahf> like with all the folks being away iirc
17:04:41 <mbeth> i was impressed by how fast it got into debian
17:05:07 <ahf> i saw it was merged in the bots channel which was awesome, yeah
17:05:08 <dgoulet> weasel helped. lavamind on vacation
17:05:15 <ahf> ah, very nice weasel! thank you
17:05:18 <dgoulet> we even enable PoW by default in that package
17:05:22 <ahf> cool!
17:05:32 <ahf> so deb.torproject.org users are good and we can see adoption already! very nice
17:05:49 <ahf> i have seen so many news article in weird languages about the PoW feature and some about conflux
17:05:55 <ahf> even .de golem had an article on it
17:06:16 <ahf> okay, very good
17:06:17 <trinity-1686a> deb.tpo users are not good yet I think? https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/dists/bookworm/main/binary-amd64/Packages lists 047
17:06:29 <mbeth> i'm seeing 048 on debian sid
17:07:07 <dgoulet> deb.tpo is what is kind of important
17:08:45 <ahf> hm
17:08:55 <ahf> but deb.tpo for debian stable is what is important, no?
17:09:32 <ahf> https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/dists/sid/main/binary-amd64/Packages <- i don't see 0.4.8 here either
17:10:03 <dgoulet> yeah deb.tpo for Debian stable is THE thing
17:10:34 <dgoulet> but hey... until we get to sync Debian package with our release CI, multi gap days like this are just normal I guess
17:10:50 <ahf> ah okay
17:10:55 <ahf> so we are just waiting for it right now?
17:11:04 <dgoulet> no idea ;)
17:11:08 <ahf> fair enough
17:11:36 <ahf> no increase in 0.4.8 count from what i can tell on metrics.tpo
17:12:07 <ahf> okay, good - there is probably something we can figure out with weasel
17:12:18 <ahf> we have some tickets from other teams incoming, but i haven't had a chance to look at that yet
17:12:29 <ahf> none of it seems like something we need to drop everything in our hands to deal with, which is good
17:12:33 <ahf> okay!
17:12:48 <ahf> i think that was all we had for today -- remember folks that you have thursday, friday and monday off
17:13:05 <ahf> and i think next week we'll try to do a face-to-face thursday team sync so i can hear what folks have been up to in the last month or so!
17:13:10 <ahf> thanks for joining and we can sync over irc!
17:13:11 <ahf> o/
17:13:24 <ahf> #endmeeting