15:58:19 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 09/25/2023
15:58:19 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Sep 25 15:58:19 2023 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:58:19 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:58:23 <GeKo> hello!
15:58:26 <juga> o/
15:58:32 <GeKo> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-nethealthteam-2023-keep it is!
15:58:48 <GeKo> as usual, please add your stuff in case you have not done so
15:58:52 <mattrighetti[m]> Hola!
15:58:55 <mattrighetti[m]> o/
15:59:09 <GeKo> mattrighetti[m]: go ahead!
15:59:12 <GeKo> how can we help?
15:59:52 <mattrighetti[m]> I just wanted to ask if you have any preference on how gsoc deliverables should be presented
16:00:06 <GeKo> to whom?
16:00:08 <mattrighetti[m]> I blogged a bit on my website about the project for the first 6-7 weeks
16:00:40 <mattrighetti[m]> So if you're okay with it I could send another blog post to the gsoc guys
16:00:50 <GeKo> i think it would be good to send a mail to tor-dev@ as well
16:00:52 <GeKo> yeah
16:00:54 <hiro> oh nice, we didn't know
16:01:00 <GeKo> indeed :)
16:01:28 <mattrighetti[m]> I can send that too, anything in particular?
16:01:43 <GeKo> summary what you did, link to repo
16:01:46 <GeKo> where you are
16:01:51 <GeKo> what next steps would be
16:01:55 <GeKo> something like that i think
16:02:28 <hiro> yeah I think that covers it
16:02:29 <mattrighetti[m]> Okay that works for me, I'll keep maintaining the project from now on :)
16:02:37 <GeKo> \o/
16:03:18 <mattrighetti[m]> hiro: sorry I did not have much time today to answer in the issue, I'll do that later tonight
16:03:33 <GeKo> mattrighetti[m]: you are set for the final evaluation?
16:03:42 <GeKo> i think you need to do one as well, iirc
16:03:51 <GeKo> the mentor evaluation that is
16:04:39 <mattrighetti[m]> I should be, I don't think we'll be able to merge the final endpoint because we'll need some changes to the database table but that's going to take place next week I guess
16:05:08 <GeKo> okay
16:05:17 <GeKo> yeah, no worries about that :)
16:05:27 <hiro> yeah also noticed the service has been running slower, we might have to optimize things a bit while we add data to the status table
16:05:41 <hiro> but yeah don't worry too much about that
16:05:43 <mattrighetti[m]> Sure, that's the fun part
16:05:49 <mattrighetti[m]> :)
16:06:23 <GeKo> heh
16:06:38 <hiro> I am having too much fun then lol
16:06:45 <GeKo> okay, do we have anything else?
16:06:52 <GeKo> concerns, questions etc.=
16:06:57 <GeKo> s/=/?/
16:07:31 * hiro is groot
16:07:34 <juga> i'm ending up writing python to process new db postgres and be able to create some graphs
16:07:54 <juga> all good just slow progress
16:08:08 <hiro> new onionoo version is deployed and seems working allright, but website has some hidden dependencies that I am trying to untangle
16:08:15 <GeKo> yeah, but once done for the first time it will be faaaaaster ;)
16:08:32 <GeKo> oh, neat wrt to onionoo
16:09:08 <hiro> trying to understand which dep is causing this 2023-09-25 15:53:43,782 ERROR o.t.m.web.ServerMain:33 Exiting, because of: org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.getSessionManager().
16:09:15 <GeKo> we can then tag the new version, i guess
16:09:18 <hiro> seemes the context handler configuration xml has changed
16:09:23 <GeKo> huh
16:09:42 <hiro> that's for the website w/ the updated jetty
16:09:51 <GeKo> that's when running the whole thing or building?
16:09:56 <hiro> running
16:09:59 <hiro> building is allright
16:10:18 <GeKo> yeah, i was wondering about that given that our pipeline is green
16:10:45 <GeKo> could you file a ticket for that?
16:11:03 <GeKo> we can investigate there then and have this issue documented at the same time
16:11:20 <hiro> yeah I was trying to solve it quickly
16:11:31 <GeKo> famous last words
16:11:33 <GeKo> :)
16:11:37 <hiro> I sent a few hot fixes to the jetty.xml already if you noticed
16:11:41 <juga> :)
16:11:46 <hiro> for onionoo at least
16:11:53 <hiro> so was hoping it was something like that
16:12:03 <GeKo> yeah
16:12:14 <GeKo> interesting...
16:12:24 <hiro> anyways I am groot otherwise
16:12:57 <GeKo> hiro: i gonna start looking tomorrow at https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/issues/318
16:13:08 <GeKo> we can then think about what to do with roger's ticket
16:13:23 <GeKo> there seems to be a bunch of related os on file
16:13:28 <hiro> yeah
16:13:31 <GeKo> and it's not really clear what the actual problem is
16:13:35 <GeKo> time to find out
16:13:56 <hiro> well we have a running flag that if I am not mistaken is based on bridgedb statuses
16:14:03 <hiro> and now we have bridgestrap tests
16:14:32 <GeKo> yeah
16:14:34 <hiro> which I think we do parse and consider for the running flag
16:14:47 <GeKo> right
16:14:57 <hiro> but I think there is some other logic there based on the statuses and on the published date in the status that can change thing
16:14:58 <GeKo> so, this should not be any issues/the issue then
16:15:22 <GeKo> let's find out
16:15:26 <hiro> yeah
16:15:33 <GeKo> alright
16:15:40 <GeKo> it seems we are good then
16:15:41 <GeKo> nice
16:15:45 <GeKo> just as a reminder
16:15:57 <GeKo> we'll have our monthly s112 meeting next week
16:16:12 <GeKo> on tue 10/03 1600utc
16:16:23 <GeKo> in the usual bbb room
16:16:43 <GeKo> so the s112 part will be missing from our monday syncs
16:17:17 <GeKo> and with that said
16:17:24 <GeKo> thanks everyone and have a nice week
16:17:30 <GeKo> #endmeeting