15:57:34 <shelikhoo> #startmeeting tor anti-censorship meeting
15:57:35 <shelikhoo> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
15:57:35 <shelikhoo> feel free to add what you've been working on and put items on the agenda
15:57:35 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Nov  2 15:57:34 2023 UTC.  The chair is shelikhoo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:57:35 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:57:43 <shelikhoo> Hi!
15:57:44 <onyinyang[m]> hello!
15:57:53 <cohosh> hi
15:58:44 <shelikhoo> I think the meetbot's time drift is becoming increasing noticeable
16:00:08 <shelikhoo> dcf: encapsulation.ReadData will no longer be used in udplike transport communication protocol design. I see you are working on improving it, so just let you know
16:00:44 <shelikhoo> dcf1: encapsulation.ReadData will no longer be used in udplike transport communication protocol design. I see you are working on improving it, so just let you know
16:02:52 <shelikhoo> okay I see no change in the pad, let begin the meeting
16:03:27 <shelikhoo> the first topic is that whether we wants to move to a private read writable and publicly read only pad
16:03:49 <shelikhoo> as there was an increase of vandalism on the meeting pad
16:06:14 <shelikhoo> any discussion on this topic?
16:06:31 <shelikhoo> I didn't see any reply....
16:06:36 <onyinyang[m]> sorry typing
16:06:37 <cohosh> do you have in mind what to use for that, and how requesting access would work?
16:06:49 <onyinyang[m]> ^ basically my question
16:07:52 <onyinyang[m]> I guess there was one of the Hackweek topics that was maybe looking into a different platform
16:07:55 <onyinyang[m]> let me find the issue
16:08:18 <shelikhoo> I think we can continue to use the riseup pad for now with a private pad name, with read only access provided with a proxy to url like https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep/export/txt
16:08:42 <shelikhoo> and the proxy only forward the content, but does not show the url itself
16:08:53 <shelikhoo> thus providing a read only access
16:09:18 <onyinyang[m]> I think this is the issue: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/hackweek/-/issues/16
16:09:19 <onyinyang[m]> though I don't know if anyone will have time to work on it
16:09:21 <shelikhoo> and the access can be requested during meeting, and the link will be just pmed
16:09:45 <shelikhoo> I think this should be good enough to prevent vandalism
16:10:20 <shelikhoo> we could wait until the hackweek is over
16:10:44 <shelikhoo> and see if we decided to move to a platform that does provide readonly access function
16:10:47 <onyinyang[m]> I am not sure but cryptpad may also provide read-only access with edit access to authenticated people
16:10:54 <cohosh> okay cool, as long as the barrier isn't too painful for new people who may want to join i'm good with this
16:10:55 <onyinyang[m]> I would have to look into it a bit more
16:11:29 <shelikhoo> yeah, if the read only access is already there, we won't need to invent anything
16:12:47 <shelikhoo> so maybe we could just discuss this again in the next meeting, and see if there is a new platform chosen during hackweek
16:13:01 <cohosh> sounds good
16:13:21 <onyinyang[m]> I'll also take a few minutes to look into cryptpad and can make note of this particular issue on the hackweek issue
16:13:24 <onyinyang[m]> so it's on people's radar
16:13:43 <shelikhoo> yes, thanks onyinyang[m]!
16:14:09 <shelikhoo> I didn't see any other topics
16:14:19 <shelikhoo> and we have a reading group in next week
16:14:28 <shelikhoo> during hackweek, is that correct?
16:15:03 <onyinyang[m]> yes
16:15:56 <shelikhoo> yes, nice! I didn't see any other discussion topic... anything more we would like to discuss in this meeting?
16:18:06 <cohosh> not from me
16:18:07 <onyinyang[m]> nothing from me
16:18:32 <shelikhoo> okay, then let's end the meeting here! thanks everyone!
16:18:36 <shelikhoo> #endmeeting